Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Accuracy of Runkeeper vs MapMyRun
Quote | Reply
Short run last night and for grins I compared MapMyRun vs my Runkeeper app. Big difference in my eyes; 5.2 mi on MMR and 4.85 mi on Runkeeper. I expected *some* variance, but this seems high. What can I use for a little better accuracy? I don't have a gps watch, but maybe I should look into one.
Quote Reply
Re: Accuracy of Runkeeper vs MapMyRun [MikeB12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got it. A GPS watch will be the easiest way to get an accurate measurement of the course. If you want a quick and dirty way, you could drive it on your bike or your car.

“I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” -Jesus

Quote Reply
Re: Accuracy of Runkeeper vs MapMyRun [MikeB12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use runkeeper on my iphone. If you look at the map on runkeeper and zoom in, the map points are often off. I can edit the map and put the points visually closer to the actual route, but that's a lot of work. I use mapmyrun to determine the actual distance for a the route. runkeeper is just not reliable, so i use it as an easy way to keep track of which days i ran and approximate mileage. there are times it's accurate like the 5k race i ran recently it was 3.1mi exactly, but that doesn't happen a lot.

"Communities like Portland pride themselves on subverting the structure so people with special needs are taken care of first. Thats why people like living here. Its a highly curated city." - Carrie Brownstein
Quote Reply