Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Accuracy of Runkeeper vs MapMyRun
Quote | Reply
Short run last night and for grins I compared MapMyRun vs my Runkeeper app. Big difference in my eyes; 5.2 mi on MMR and 4.85 mi on Runkeeper. I expected *some* variance, but this seems high. What can I use for a little better accuracy? I don't have a gps watch, but maybe I should look into one.
Quote Reply
Re: Accuracy of Runkeeper vs MapMyRun [MikeB12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got it. A GPS watch will be the easiest way to get an accurate measurement of the course. If you want a quick and dirty way, you could drive it on your bike or your car.
Quote Reply
Re: Accuracy of Runkeeper vs MapMyRun [MikeB12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use runkeeper on my iphone. If you look at the map on runkeeper and zoom in, the map points are often off. I can edit the map and put the points visually closer to the actual route, but that's a lot of work. I use mapmyrun to determine the actual distance for a the route. runkeeper is just not reliable, so i use it as an easy way to keep track of which days i ran and approximate mileage. there are times it's accurate like the 5k race i ran recently it was 3.1mi exactly, but that doesn't happen a lot.

"Communities like Portland pride themselves on subverting the structure so people with special needs are taken care of first. That’s why people like living here. It’s a highly curated city." - Carrie Brownstein
Quote Reply