Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who's been enjoying their new Infiniti Nutrition stuff?
Quote | Reply
I have. Used it through this past training weekend. Took a chance that it would work well and drank it exclusively for a 6 hour training day on Sat and a 5 hour day on Sunday. Absolutely no stomach distress, had plenty of power, and I think the little bit of caffeine I had put in mine really kept the energy level up there just a tad more, too. I like how the mix dissolves so completely - Endurox/Accelerade do not dissolve anywhere near as completely. I'll be requesting a little more flavor in my next order as it mostly tasted like salt water with a dash of flavor but as long as it works, it could taste worse.

I really do like the idea that you can modify the formula to find what works for you, and especially for me - anything with extra calcium in it gives me migraine, so Mike was able to leave out the ingredients that have calcium in them and replace them with something else. Try that with Accelerade or R4.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's been enjoying their new Infiniti Nutrition stuff? [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup - awesome stuff! I also add a little more flavoring to mine as well to counteract the bitter caffeine and high sodium that I also add. Been using for 2 years now with no issues at all.

Re: Who's been enjoying their new Infiniti Nutrition stuff? [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leaving out the cal or mag is special order stuff. That is not the norm but I am glad that it worked and you like the product.

The feedback I hear is that because our product is a little salty and not too sweet, it actually tastes better the longer you go. Your end up craving the salt. We get that comment over and over.

Our flavor profile is very mild anyway, so going higher on the flavor level will not overpower you.

Thanks for the feedback.

Michael

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Re: Who's been enjoying their new Infiniti Nutrition stuff? [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The feedback I hear is that because our product is a little salty and not too sweet, it actually tastes better the longer you go. Your end up craving the salt. We get that comment over and over.

I've been using Infinit for a little over a year. I've been telling people this very thing since last summer. Even on my first batch, on which I also screwed up the flavor, it became more palatable the longer I was out. It's definately the most effective sports drink I've ever tried.

Re: Who's been enjoying their new Infiniti Nutrition stuff? [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Leaving out the cal or mag is special order stuff. That is not the norm but I am glad that it worked and you like the product.

Our flavor profile is very mild anyway, so going higher on the flavor level will not overpower you.

Thanks for the feedback.

Michael
I just did my first ride with the stuff; coincidentally, it was the first outdoor ride of the year warm enough to go with shorts. I'm a heavy sweater, so I went with lots of electrolytes. Starting off the ride, it was like "mmm, sea water", but not too bad. After about an hour, I realized that I no longer tasted the salt, and the flavor was fine (I will up the flavor for the next batch). After a hard two hour ride with a lot of wind, I had salt all over my jersey, and I even had some under my top tube. Perhaps I didn't drink enough, but I was very thirsty for the rest of the day. No cramps, and my power levels for the last hour (with the wind, even), were surprisingly good for me given the first hour+ was a 15mph headwind.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used mine for a little over a week now. It seems to be working very well. Love it on the bike. Energy seems to be sustained and the high Na content is exactly what I need. However, mine was a little too sweet for me when I mixed a more dense water bottles for a 4 hour bike ride. It's fine with the suggested two scoops per 20 oz. water. But a little too sweet when mixed with extra scoops. The sweetnes seemed to be a bit overwhelming near the end. It was great otherwise. Digestion was great. No indications of adverse effects. May try to add some caffiene in my next order.

I also have taken it on a run. In this circumstance it's a little more difficult to use because it seems to foam as it is shaken. Seems to add air into the ingestion which led to burping. I'll continue to experiment on this.

I'm really happy with the purchase and look forward to fooling with the ingredients.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's been enjoying their new Infiniti Nutrition stuff? [Burt'sH2OBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I also have taken it on a run. In this circumstance it's a little more difficult to use because it seems to foam as it is shaken. Seems to add air into the ingestion which led to burping. I'll continue to experiment on this.

Ah, that reminds me. Same thing happened to me (burping) halfway into my ride. I was shaking the bottle prior to drinking, thinking that the contents may settle.

Anyone know if it needs to be shaken? My concoction doesn't have any protein in it, if that matters.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got my shipment in and tried it this weekend. I mixed one bottle with 2 scoops per the instructions and one bottle with one scoop (in case it was overpowering). Well, I should've just followed the instructions and put 2 scoops in both bottles. I liked the taste, or lack thereof, very much. I've tried other mixes and have never liked them. I traditionally have used Gatorade, and think I'll make the switch, although this stuff is not cheap. Like some of the others, I think I'll monkey with my formula a little on the next batch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used mine the past two weekends. The stuff is great. I have another formulation coming in the mail hopefully today. I added some protein to it so I'll see how that goes.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's been enjoying their new Infiniti Nutrition stuff? [marsteller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far, so good. I think that, with the next batch, I will try two different solutions. Once, with very little flavor which I will use very concentrated on the bike and one with more flavor to use on the run (where it's more diluted).

Ditto on the foaming and burping, though. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I guess we'll be easy to spot on the course, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bit offtopic but with all due respect... is a horse really the best picture to come up with to put next to the Clydesdale mix on the preset formulas page?
Quote Reply
Re: Who's been enjoying their new Infiniti Nutrition stuff? [Turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
A bit offtopic but with all due respect... is a horse really the best picture to come up with to put next to the Clydesdale mix on the preset formulas page?
You do know what a Clydesdale is, don't you?

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Who's been enjoying their new Infiniti Nutrition stuff? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just looked it up, and now I do. Stupid me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike, Will you be in tempe this week with any samples?

Mike Dannelley
Quote Reply
Re: Who's been enjoying their new Infiniti Nutrition stuff? [Turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I just looked it up, and now I do. Stupid me.

Tongue and cheek, just having fun. If it offends I will change immediately. I think I'll do it anyway.

Foaming is an issue we have been working on. Normally due to protein. We might add a small amount of an all-natural protein derived from soy that cuts down foam. Many other companies add in de-foamers that are extra chemicals, we have be strenuously avoiding adding in anything that is not 100% natural.

A note, we worked the entire weekend getting out the backlog, we are almost caught up. Should be back up to date by Wed. We always try and get orders out within 48 hours of when you order. Normal delivery should be 5 days from when you place the order. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Quote:

Anyone know if it needs to be shaken? My concoction doesn't have any protein in it, if that matters.

No, we sourced all of our ingredients to mix immediately and stay mixed. Having been a long time racer I am aware of the issues with some products ending up at the bottom of your bottle. Pain in the butt to have to shake it all the time.

Quote:

Mike, Will you be in tempe this week with any samples?

I will not be able to make Tempe to sample, sorry about that.. I had to make the descision over the weekend. We are just too short handed right now for me to go. I have 2 new hires starting next Monday, but for now I am chained to the office. Keep in mind the we really do stand behind our stuff with a full guarantee. You do not like it, we will re-make it. Still not happy, you get your $ back. No problem.

infinIT Nutrition

Last edited by: infinIT 1: Apr 3, 06 10:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, keep up the great work! I am used to 3-4 day order to delivery, so had to revert back to the "old" stuff this weekend. Makes me appreciate a really good product even more! I guess as you get more popular I will have to take that into consideration when ordering. Sorry I was part of your back log.

Again, keep up the GREAT work with this product.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a week in on my first formula and love it. You are right - tastes better as you go longer (not that it was bad in the first place).

I am quite excited that I feel like I can go longer with out salt training, and for the first time in a long time (if not ever) I was able to swim over 4000 yards with out a pesky foot cramp. After a 2hr run I even felt good enough for an easy bike ride (till the storm and hail hit and I was at VO2 max for about 35 minutes racing home)...

And, I feel great today. I chalk it all up to my new favoire drink.

Oh - and yeah, I will take the foam over fake stuff any day. Cant be any worse than R4 and that never bothered me a bit.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Who's been enjoying their new Infiniti Nutrition stuff? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chip - if you are still planning on a training weekend here, might want to call them and order some more as there place is right down the street from my house (about 2.5 miles).

Now that would be a fun workout - lets run up to InfinIT headquarters with some backpacks, then lug back the big damn bottles. Would only be about 10K, but heavy on the way back :)

Mike - could you throw in some of your graduated water bottles for us on the way back? We might need 'em. ;)

Quote | Reply
I've used it for about a year now as well, and have recommended it a number of times. For anybody who hates trying to remember salt tablets and coming it up with their own concoctions to get calories, etc., it's great.

I've found that in really hot (95+) conditions and long workouts (over 5 hours) removing the protein enhances the ability to keep drinking. Part of that is tied to the salt, the other is that it just tastes cleaner to me (personal preferences - not scientific). Plus, you skip some of the burping;)

Overall, it is awesome stuff because it lets you find what works best for you. Plus, customer services has been great. The current batch is about number 10 for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike,

how long can a mixed batch sit out unrefridgerated? Any worries if it is out all day? BTW - great stuff! It mixes better than anything I have ever used. I make a gel with 4 scoops, put it in a gel flask and mix batches in an aerobottle during the race with my gel and fresh cold water from the aid stations. Works great and cuts down on weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's been enjoying their new Infiniti Nutrition stuff? [Over 40] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had not lab tested it but I can relate a story. In Kona in '04 it stayed in my bike transition and run transition all day long...and I lived. :)

We use whey and it is much more stable than soy. Soy gets sour very quickly, whey doesn't. It has never been a problem for the three years I have been working with the product.

infinIT Nutrition

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm enjoying it. Feel a little bit of a lift--is it physical or psychological--I feel it is physical. Well, anything is better than what I was dealing with--and will probably be tweaking the next batch. Looking forward to the caffeine batch :-) because clearly I need caffeine. Also looking forward to the recovery batch since I have been slacking on my vitamins and minerals.

Michael--any chance to make it grape in flavor?
Quote Reply