Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

South Beach Miami - Recommendations for Lap Pools and Cycling?
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend lap pools in Miami Beach / South Beach? Also, where do cyclists living in South Beach go to ride? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: South Beach Miami - Recommendations for Lap Pools and Cycling? [returntoglory23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flamingo Pool
And
Scott Rakow Pool

For cycling most go to Key Biscayne and do loops there or go South.

Be very careful running and biking around sobe in the early am hours, there have been several pedestrians hit and its either drunk drivers or the early shift workers going into work that are half asleep.

If you want to run you can in the boardwalks and hard packed sand of the beach.

Have fun and try to make it to a Raven Run.
Quote Reply
Re: South Beach Miami - Recommendations for Lap Pools and Cycling? [returntoglory23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: South Beach Miami - Recommendations for Lap Pools and Cycling? [Saltamontes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim your tail off but run and ride between 0400-0600. Any other hours are a high risk. I ran with my bride at 0630 and did not feel safe. There is no way in hell I would ever ride a bike in that area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My mom used to have a condo on Key Biscayne. I left a bike there for years so I could ride while I was down there (visiting from the midwest). Weekends weren't too fun, as all the mainlanders would head to KB beaches or the state park and thought it was cool to honk/yell/throw things at the cyclists. But riding over the causeways and to the lighthouse was pretty nice.
For swimming, I would get a weekly or daily pass and go to: http://swim.isport.com/...mmunity-center-21837
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flamingo pool is closed for upgrades.
Scott Racow is my playground, there is a little fitness room and a decent pool. Open from 630am to 230pm and also from 7 to 8 pm.
Classic cycling route southbound takes you to Cocoplum (45 miles ride incl a loop to Key Biscayne), further south to Black point Marina, add 20 more miles or even deeper down to Key Largo with an extra 40 miles aprox.
North rides usually takes you A1A as long as you like....Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale.....Palm Beach. Get yourself a Computrainer or whatever if you want to do some hill work.....Here s FLAT....there is a bump in KB good for short intervals.
Running , again flat, but exelent scenario by the beach.....sunrise or sunsets are amazing. There is a fast track in Flamingo Park. A pleasent run through the Venetian Cswy and back to the beach across de Mc Arthur Cswy with the wind in your nose will give you 8 to 10 miles....nice to finish that run with a swim in the ocean!!
Good luck and wellcome!
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: South Beach Miami - Recommendations for Lap Pools and Cycling? [maqrol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is absolutely fantastic. Thank you so much for such helpful information. I'm thrilled to be here in Miami and I appreciate being welcomed by the fitness community!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where would you live if you were moving to Miami? There is a strong possibility that I will be moving there (from Toronto) in the latter half of the year. I am fairly flexible as far as locations and really have no preference - south or north of Miami?
Quote Reply