Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance runs again [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
It looks to me that the ultra running organizers, race directors and many of the runner have no problem with accepting doping, or allowing banned athletes to participate.

The Western States organization just passed an update to their stance on PEDs; basically a lifetime ban for anyone ever caught.

http://www.wser.org/...rmance-rule-18-peds/
Quote Reply
Re: Lance runs again [iswimslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iswimslow wrote:
Halvard wrote:
It looks to me that the ultra running organizers, race directors and many of the runner have no problem with accepting doping, or allowing banned athletes to participate.

The Western States organization just passed an update to their stance on PEDs; basically a lifetime ban for anyone ever caught.

http://www.wser.org/...rmance-rule-18-peds/

Interesting they just decided to do this now. And there are no PEDs in Ultrarunning, yea.

But, it does not say a person cannot be a pacer, right?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Lance runs again [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Interesting they just decided to do this now. And there are no PEDs in Ultrarunning, yea.

But, it does not say a person cannot be a pacer, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if the timing is in response to the recent news of Lance's interest in ultras. Keep in mind Western States did have a policy in the past that doping was grounds for disqualification, this appears to be an extension to include a lifetime ban to anyone who has ever been caught. I didn't see anything regarding their stance on a pacer with a history of doping and I am a bit disappointed they didn't include that; my opinion is that a zero tolerance policy should include competitors and pacers. At least this is a step in the right direction.
Quote Reply

Prev Next