Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runner Rick wrote:
UK2ME wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
The Atomic Man 70.3 scheduled on October 9th near Knoxville, TN is only $90 plus a $5.40 sign up fee. Also around that time is the Goosepond 70.3 in Scottsboro, AL that runs about the same price as the Atomic Man. Seems to me that people would figure out that WTC races are too expensive and seek out races that are less expensive and pretty interesting to compete in.

Your post made me go looking, and the web info for Atomic Man is... well, horrible.

I agree, but Atomic Man is a really good race. Uber easy logistics, lots of swag, great roads on the bike. Super cheap. Kevin Mahan does a great job as the RD.

I believe it! And I'm glad that you have that as a local race. But speaking personally here - I'm in Maine. I don't know that the roads are great and the race has fantastic logistics unless I can find that information online. I am absolutely willing as a participant to travel to races that are interesting and fun and worth it, but if IM races are what I can most easily find information on, that's what I'm going to travel for - right?

Note: I say that to play Devil's Advocate because I'm actually not planning on doing any IM-branded races. I just think that because I am on ST I am therefore more edumakated than a significant number of the one-and-done tri population who are a big driver of increasing prices for WTC races. People need to know that these races are out there so that they can make a conscious choice to support them, which is the first step towards voting with their wallets.
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
Runner Rick wrote:
UK2ME wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:
The Atomic Man 70.3 scheduled on October 9th near Knoxville, TN is only $90 plus a $5.40 sign up fee. Also around that time is the Goosepond 70.3 in Scottsboro, AL that runs about the same price as the Atomic Man. Seems to me that people would figure out that WTC races are too expensive and seek out races that are less expensive and pretty interesting to compete in.

Your post made me go looking, and the web info for Atomic Man is... well, horrible.

I agree, but Atomic Man is a really good race. Uber easy logistics, lots of swag, great roads on the bike. Super cheap. Kevin Mahan does a great job as the RD.

I believe it! And I'm glad that you have that as a local race. But speaking personally here - I'm in Maine. I don't know that the roads are great and the race has fantastic logistics unless I can find that information online. I am absolutely willing as a participant to travel to races that are interesting and fun and worth it, but if IM races are what I can most easily find information on, that's what I'm going to travel for - right?

Yeah, I agree. I have only done local smaller races that are within a 4 hour drive. I would consider other ones if I knew someone who has raced it. For instance I've heard good things and would consider Renaissance Man, Rock n Roll Man, Rocket Man, Great Floridian (these are all in the southeast). None of these races are perfect, but neither are Ironman races. Don't get me wrong, I love me a good IM brand 70.3

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [nbpi5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nbpi5 wrote:
Here's one for you all

www.ryanman.com

And it has a belt buckle finisher medal

Again, no updates on the website for 2016.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it'll be on 10.2.2016
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [nbpi5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know why there are no hotels listed in the travel section for the Augusta 70.3?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry we didn't have a lot of detail up for Atomic Man. We are in the process of updating our 16 events for 2016. Atomic Man Half is in its' 14th year and a good alternative to WTC, Challenge & Rev3. Please let us know of any additional information you'd like to see & we'll get it posted.

11 states represented so far for Oct. 9th Atomic Man & only 6 spots left for Garmin 910XT drawing - $90 half iron is a STEAL thru Dec. 31 - $125 after - Get in now! https://runsignup.com/...HalfIronDistance2015 - Prices go up throughout 2016 to $200 race day.

Thanks, kevin@endurancesportsmanagement.com
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [knoxtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knoxtriguy wrote:
Oct. 9th Atomic Man - $90 half iron is a STEAL thru Dec. 31 - $125 after - Get in now! https://runsignup.com/...HalfIronDistance2015 -

Yes it is. There may not be a better 'bang for your buck' half iron race out there.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply

Prev Next