Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for those who own Normatec Boots
Quote | Reply
How much do you love your boots? Would you recommend them? Also, do you notice a difference in recovery and ability to put in more quality work?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Question for those who own Normatec Boots [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have them. Both my wife and I use them regularly (3 or 5 times per week) when our training load increases. I think they work as part of a good recovery routine and help me feel more fresh for the next workout. Usually throw them on and cruise work emails, Facebook, TV etc. Like a lot of items like this I would say they aren't necessary but if you have the discretionary income and you want them then go for it. I haven't regretted the decision once since I purchased them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for 3+ years now and use them 5 times a week or so. Love them, never had a problem with them and think they help recover, especially after a hard run or bike day. I usually throw mine on at night for an hour or so while watching tv. I love the form factor of the new units...very easy to travel with...wish I could justify a new unit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love mine and yes they help me stay fresh for lots of quality work. I have tried three different brands including Normatec. I received a different brand as a gift but if I had to buy them myself I would get the Normatecs. They simply squeeze harder and so hard that I couldn't use them at the highest setting unlike the other brands I've used which I did use at the highest setting and wanted them to be tighter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find they help the most after higher intensity training sessions. I don't feel different after using them, but come the next workout I'm able to hit the intensity again. So if I'm in a block with a high % of intense work then I find that they help me to train more frequently, with fewer easy days required.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the Normatec MVPs. Besides post race recovery, I like to use them after squat days and training runs.

Initially I was skeptical at first, reading blog reviews (too good to be true, but pro athletes were using them) and this runner's world article mentioning that there were no scientific benefits.

My personal experience with recovery - it reduces the time immensely:
I used them after IM MD - I recovered in 2 days and could run again (slept with them the first night and 2-3 hour long sessions each day).
I could not use them post NYC marathon (due to travel) - I recovered in 5 days the old fashioned way with rest (elevated legs), walking around and stretching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ditto the comments here. Really like mine, have not regretted the purchase. My legs feel better more quickly, and I do feel that i'm able to put in more harder and quality sessions using them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love mine and yes I noticed a difference in recovery. Use them after hard sessions and long runs and usually I am a lot more fresh the second day and can hit my workout much better than when not using them.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Question for those who own Normatec Boots [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
also check out elevated legs
http://elevatedlegs.com/
about half the normatec price.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for those who own Normatec Boots [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting I have wondered how their cost to value ratio works out. How does the recovery compare to other cheaper methods such as rollers, compression garments etc. Sometimes I think my circulation isn't the greatest and wondered if they helped.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for those who own Normatec Boots [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boing wrote:
Interesting I have wondered how their cost to value ratio works out. How does the recovery compare to other cheaper methods such as rollers, compression garments etc. Sometimes I think my circulation isn't the greatest and wondered if they helped.

I have been crushing it every night using this method:

It was twice as much as a pair on Normatec boots, but for the money it's the best recovery tool known to man
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely worth getting them. Used them to recover post IM 70.3 Timerman and NYC Marathon, recovered and ready for a run in 2 days. As a matter of fact i think after NYC i could have gone for an easy 5K the night after. Great stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for those who own Normatec Boots [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
boing wrote:

It was twice as much as a pair on Normatec boots, but for the money it's the best recovery tool known to man

X2 on this amazing tool. But I'll admit, I am intrigued by the new Normatec unit now that it is smaller.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Question for those who own Normatec Boots [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
kileyay wrote:
boing wrote:

X2 on this amazing tool. But I'll admit, I am intrigued by the new Normatec unit now that it is smaller.

Are you talking about the bed or the floor or what? What is twice the price?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for those who own Normatec Boots [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought it was the man pillow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
They were talking about the bed.

Ahh...thought maybe it was the type of mattress - like it has built in Normatec!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have also been massively happy with my boots. One of the best parts was the travel battery, I think it was an additional $50, that lets me use the boots outdoors, when traveling, or anywhere else with no outlet. For those traveling to races or long car rides home this feature is fantastic. Racing 70.3 then hopping in the car for 5 hours can result in a pretty miserable morning the next day. But sitting in the back seat for a couple 30 minute sessions in the boots has almost entirely eliminated the extra stiffness. Certainly enough to enable an easy run / ride the next day without injury.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for those who own Normatec Boots [Akoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Akoz wrote:
I have also been massively happy with my boots. One of the best parts was the travel battery, I think it was an additional $50, that lets me use the boots outdoors, when traveling, or anywhere else with no outlet. For those traveling to races or long car rides home this feature is fantastic. Racing 70.3 then hopping in the car for 5 hours can result in a pretty miserable morning the next day. But sitting in the back seat for a couple 30 minute sessions in the boots has almost entirely eliminated the extra stiffness. Certainly enough to enable an easy run / ride the next day without injury.

Where is the best place to purchase?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got mine right from Normatec - you can use the website. They're a great group and that way they get 100% of the $. Otherwise try your LBS so at least they'll get the spread instead of online retailers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a lot of experience with Normatec boots. I use them a ton myself, I take them to races, and I work at an athlete's lounge and that is one of our main attractions. Personally speaking, they do make a difference. I absolutely love them. Not only does the massage feel amazing but they are easy to use and noticeably aid recovery. Definitely recommend them!
Quote Reply
Re: Question for those who own Normatec Boots [Akoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Akoz wrote:

Is this it? It is listed as a replacement Power Supply not travel battery. Thanks, John

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bought them at IMAZ - Love them! My wife also loves them so I told her that I bought them as her Christmas present! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see the portable battery pack on the accessories section of their, maybe give them a call.
Quote Reply