Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: White Saddles [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Can I expect to keep it clean and realistically avoid scuff marks, dirt, etc? Or is it an exercise in futility?

I have a Cobb Max that is white - very old, maybe 5 years - and it still white. With that being said I think black is a better color.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: White Saddles [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My nose was also very wide... I pinched the nose together and put a super sturdy ziptie on it and it's now narrow and doesn't chafe anymore... I was about to go saddle shopping but I'm cheap and thought I'd give that a try and it worked!

I have a black saddle and would love to get a white one but I'm cheap. So I'll keep my black adamo that came with my craigslist bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was encouraged from this thread, as I just got a new Fizik black white saddle which looks awesome on my Blue Triad SL. So, today after a 45 min ride I got off (not the first ride) and the blue from my crappy trainer only 2XU shorts rubbed off! Any suggestions on how to clean it? The shorts are in the garbage as I hated the poor quality of them anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: White Saddles [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
She bought a white saddle and in September while on a long ride she found out that she was not through menopause after all. Looking at the bike in the garage afterwards I decided that I had been to murder scenes where there was less blood.

Those long rides are a helluva drug.
Quote Reply
Re: White Saddles [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Really? Well I'm rubbing the dye off the very front of the nose of my Adamo. Pretty hard to do that from the back of the saddle.

Sure, I could sit further forward. On the top tube, for example. That would keep the saddle pristine.

IMO the issue is that the nose of the Adamo is very wide. I've switched to a Selle Italis Iron Flow, which is much narrower. And more comfortable for it.

So what part of your body is rubbing on the saddle?

Decide for yourself:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the front third of my Cobb plus has worn away to the leather after about 3 years. The rest has stayed clean, but the high wear areas have not fared well. The saddle feels good and looks good with the white bike, but not crazy about the wear. I will probably would look to something else next time and hope for more durability.

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it match your bike :)
Quote Reply
Re: White Saddles [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bleach
Quote Reply

Prev Next