Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Cervelo Coming [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bio_McGeek wrote:
I've ridden that bike!

BryanD wrote:
The very first Cervelo beam bike!

I'm jealous...I never got the chance during that trip (although IIRC, it was really cold, especially by Galveston standards).
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting, guessing the Kona count down suggests a tri (non uci) specific bike. Though of course there is the possibility of a British cycling colaberation, but then with the UKSI bikes perhaps nothing will really come from this sponsorship design wise.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone considered that it might be something boring like a disc braked P3?
It doesn't have to be an advancement on the P5.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [elcartelduco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chance this will be an integrated p3?
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:

From their own announcement it does not seem likely to be related to one of the lower-tier bikes. They explicitly mention high-end superbike and 'new benchmark':

"Cervélo’s next-generation of high-end super bikes is coming"
"Cervélo’s unveiling of a new benchmark for tri bikes"

They also mention P5 (and no other bike):

"No wonder the P5 was voted “Most Wanted Triathlon and Time Trial Bike” by BikeRadar readers"

I would be very surprised if it wasn't either some kind of upgrade to the current P5 (small or big) or a completely new bike (new P5 or P6). The timing also fits very well, the P4 was introduced in 2008, the P5 in 2012. I can't remember, but I think 2004 for the introduction of the original P3 also sounds about right.

Now, whether it will be UCI legal or not, I don't know. My guess would be they will keep the frame UCI legal and do tri-specific add-ons like Trek, Scott, Canyon, etc. They do have a big UCI team to sponsor and get some publicity from after all.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
I was at an LBS yesterday that is a Cervelo dealer. Guy said that they will be getting the "new" P5 in early December (which is why they are not restocking the red P5). He said the bike was announced by Cervelo Monday past.

Then they didn't know what they were talking about or they were being untruthful.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After looking at the PR6 and the new IA 10, I hope they put a draft box on it. That seems like the best way to store tools.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:

But I want a disc brake r2 or s2 =\
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I have heard from people I know associated with Specialized they hinted that I should wait to get a Shiv as the new one is going to be amazing. Also said "think venge" so I believe the new shiv will have a similar brake to the new venge. They have also said it will be due to be announced (potentially released) at a similar time as this cervelo (just to be direct competition I assume).
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [jpwiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpwiki wrote:
From what I have heard from people I know associated with Specialized they hinted that I should wait to get a Shiv as the new one is going to be amazing.

They say that about all of their bikes. New Shiv will undoubtedly be a lot more aero than current. What would be really nice is if they could get the fit range right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
jpwiki wrote:
From what I have heard from people I know associated with Specialized they hinted that I should wait to get a Shiv as the new one is going to be amazing.

They say that about all of their bikes. New Shiv will undoubtedly be a lot more aero than current. What would be really nice is if they could get the fit range right.

Out of curiosity what do you mean about the fit range?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jpwiki wrote:

Out of curiosity what do you mean about the fit range?

Current Shiv is a tall frame combined with tall bars (which are admittedly easily changed) that ends up created a fairly narrow fit range with poor granularity of adjustment.
What I'd like to see (and I suspect they'll be doing this as they are clever) is frame/bar sizing chosen to deliver a range from the (low) Shiv TT up to Shiv Tri. Given that a venge based frame will likely supersede the Shiv TT aerodynamically and they have the scale to do a proper size range - it would make sense to cover all bases.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
jpwiki wrote:

define "alot" :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are the 2 bikes I can't wait to see. The new Cervelo and Shiv should be great bikes. I wonder how many people will wish they didn't buy Canyon Speedmax's after these come out?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aren't we getting to the point where certain frames are better for certain courses than others? Overall there will be no 'best frame', assuming cost and fit are within 'customer range'; the decision will depend on hills, expected wind, road condition, users power output range etc.

SteveMc
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just a mental place holder for anyone considering a new bike. Saying, "wait to see what we do before making a move"
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can anyone share the timeline for release of these bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All we know is that there is an announcement in March

Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All this talk about a bike--makes me think...NOW I know what he meant by, "It's not about the bike." I think I understand the hidden reference of that book's title now. (pink)
Quote Reply

Prev Next