Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So, I passed DeDe Greisbauer on the Queen K Thursday----
Quote | Reply
My Kona 2015 was awesome.
I ran a little at Waikoloa out on the lava fields.
I passed DeDe G like she was standing still !!
That head wind is a bitch, but I handled it!
Coast swim was neato.

yeh, like I will ever do a full IM, and KQ.
Cars were involved :-)

Pupus and happy hours were involved.

I have nothing but admiration for those who can and do KQ and take that bitch of a course on.

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: So, I passed DeDe Greisbauer on the Queen K Thursday---- [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

You're living the dream ;)

Enjoy every moment if it - I went once and would love to get back there one day ($$$!!)
Quote Reply
Re: So, I passed DeDe Greisbauer on the Queen K Thursday---- [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome.

Would also like to go 'against the grain" one day.
Quote Reply
Re: So, I passed DeDe Greisbauer on the Queen K Thursday---- [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salmon Steve wrote:

You're living the dream ;)

Enjoy every moment if it - I went once and would love to get back there one day ($$$!!)

Try Costco Travel service --

made it all quite affordable

(the Waikoloa Marriott $30 breakfasts were awesome, and included on top of $300 resort credit covering most of the Happy Hour pupus and drinks..

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

No Costco in New Zealand. 😀
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pics are not loading for me

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frig, I've done about 350 miles the past 5 days and I've passed maybe 5 riders - every one stopped with a flat and said they were good. Been passed by a few thousand riders. Kind of sucks to be the slowest rider in Kona but at least I'm riding in Kona. Still hashtag winning.

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Re: So, I passed DeDe Greisbauer on the Queen K Thursday---- [sylvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sylvan wrote:
Frig, I've done about 350 miles the past 5 days and I've passed maybe 5 riders - every one stopped with a flat and said they were good. Been passed by a few thousand riders. Kind of sucks to be the slowest rider in Kona but at least I'm riding in Kona. Still hashtag winning.

That's who I passed yesterday.

I agree, it's pretty cool. I'm so used to training solo 99.9% of the time. The chance to ride with others of the same ability and talk tri is pretty cool, and from places far away, is a rare opportunity. Rode with a Danish athlete yesterday. Think I was with some Germans at the end of the ride yesterday, they seemed very serious and for some reason were drafting off me closely after I passed. I had my Michigan State jersey on so maybe they were just U of M or OSU fans.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: So, I passed DeDe Greisbauer on the Queen K Thursday---- [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
I had my Michigan State jersey on so maybe they were just U of M or OSU fans.

Likely not UM fans, since we don't care about little brother that much ;)

not tri-related, but I'm excited for the match-up this year!
Quote Reply
Re: So, I passed DeDe Greisbauer on the Queen K Thursday---- [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
sylvan wrote:
...I had my Michigan State jersey on so maybe they were just U of M or OSU fans.

awesome. I'm a MSU grad and bought some spartan logo green decals that I've been contemplating puting on my white aero helmet. It would look like a carbon-copy of the MSU football helmet. Haven't pulled the trigger yet...kinda nervous to ruin the helmet.
Quote Reply