Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

who would you most like to meet?
Quote | Reply
Who on the anonymous ST intrigues you the most, to the point where you'd like to meet them in real life. (and may be not turn this into the "Hottie" thread, part II

Ok, I'll start.

I was lucky enough to meet Slowman, back when he was QRman, so that's one ticked off the bucket list, and not needing to head my list of choices for this thread.

For me, I'd like to meet Herbert and if he's busy, then tigerchik.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: who would you most like to meet? [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The elites, the ones unafraid to experiment and stretch the boundaries: Jordan Rapp, Zachboring, Cody Beals.
The aero gurus, who know almost everything you wanted to ask: Jim@ERO, jackmott, cyclenutz, Tom A, desertdude, James Haycraft, chaparral, rruff, Andrew Coggan (and I know I'm forgetting a lot of other people!)
The cup of coffee and a whole lot of interesting stories guys: Slowman, devashish, ericmulk, monty
The "I'm designing what you only can dream" guys: SuperDave, Carl, Damon

And....
The megastars: T3, SurfingLamb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've always thought that tom demmerly would make an interesting dinner guest - the guy's probably got some stories. ditto dev.

on the tech/physiology side, my level of interest in that stuff these days is such that i'd choose the storytellers over the scientists. maybe some years ago i'd really want to pin down coggan or cobb and pick their brains about the details for hours. . . maybe i still would, but only after that dinner.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: who would you most like to meet? [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. First post and I get a mention. Thanks!

But trust me when I say I'm just as boring as I seem online :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
Who on the anonymous ST intrigues you the most, to the point where you'd like to meet them in real life. (and may be not turn this into the "Hottie" thread, part II
Ok, I'll start.
I was lucky enough to meet Slowman, back when he was QRman, so that's one ticked off the bucket list, and not needing to head my list of choices for this thread.

Well, of course, everyone wants to meet tigerchik since she's a hottie:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aahydraa wrote:
The elites, the ones unafraid to experiment and stretch the boundaries: Jordan Rapp, Zachboring, Cody Beals.
The aero gurus, who know almost everything you wanted to ask: Jim@ERO, jackmott, cyclenutz, Tom A, desertdude, James Haycraft, chaparral, rruff, Andrew Coggan (and I know I'm forgetting a lot of other people!)
The cup of coffee and a whole lot of interesting stories guys: Slowman, devashish, ericmulk, monty

And....

I've met James Haycraft and it's worth every second
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aahydraa wrote:
And....

aahydraa - I feel honored to be included in your list:) Thanks!!!

Quote Reply
Re: who would you most like to meet? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
tridork wrote:
Ok, I'll start.

I've never seen a pic of her. For me, some of her posts (and I can't even remember any specific ones), just make her sound interesting and worth getting to know.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm flattered!

I have met (sorry if I'm forgetting anyone) - desert dude, Mr. Bubbles, 115intheshade, mcaizzo (sp.), trukweaz, HalfSpeed, trexlera, trigirlpink, slayerhatebreed, dddave, kdw, Murphy'sLaw, SwordFish, tri_yoda, and a guy whose ST handle I'm forgetting, but his real name is Colin and his tag line is "let C be a group". Also, there was a ST'er who waved to me on the Mooseman 70.3 run course the year it was super hot whose name I'm forgetting right now.

My list - there are so many cool people here I want to meet - Paulo, jimruns, AndyPants, jonnyo, markyv, JasoninHalifax, jan de visser (who changed his name to something else), Francois, rappstar, monty ... the list goes on and on.

I think Paulo would actually be at the top of it. I am 98% sure he has a PhD in fluid mechanics so we could talk academia and tri.

eta - I have met more ST'ers than I realize...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Sep 2, 15 7:45
Quote Reply
Re: who would you most like to meet? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik,

If you ever find yourself in New Zealand, and thirsty for a drink, look me up. Hell, even if you're not thirsty, call me.

TriDork

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're an Aucklander right, tridork?

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: who would you most like to meet? [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
You're an Aucklander right, tridork?

That's Dorklander (to people south of the Bombay Hills :-) )

(yes, Aucklander, on the lovely North Shore to be exact)

TriDork

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A beautiful city.

I'll let you know if I'm in Auckland this summer, and if you're at the Rotorua Half let me know and I'll join you for a post-race beer.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: who would you most like to meet? [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will do

TriDork

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I met a whole bunch from your list plus many others. I've never met Uli (I think he's banned permanently) but I hope I do soon. AndyPants is a super cool chick and we caught up a few weeks ago with her Mr in Vancouver. Good genuine people, and seriously funny. And smart. Well, Andy anyway. Her Mr likes a shitty football team and baseball, so. Monty will talk your ears off until you accept the compact gears as your new religion. Dan will talk about the times when triathlons were done on bikes with wheels made with rocks, and there was no electricity. Paulo will talk to you about how to shorten space between planes at take off, but then he left academia. Jonnyo will talk to you about his kingdom and poutine. I met Dev just a month ago. Cool dude. I could swear he was shorter than me though. And desert dude makes no sense unless he's highly caffeinated. All good folks. I'd like to meet Jack Mott, RChung, dtilbur (whatever his handle is), I'd like freestyle to come back and whistle something for us. Good peeps on ST.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
tridork wrote:
Ok, I'll start.

I've never seen a pic of her. For me, some of her posts (and I can't even remember any specific ones), just make her sound interesting and worth getting to know.

Just click on her name and you'll see several pics, but you're def right, aside from being very attractive, she is an interesting person:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
tridork wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
tridork wrote:
Ok, I'll start.

Just click on her name and you'll see several pics, but you're def right, aside from being very attractive, she is an interesting person:)

I will do that out of interest, since she is interesting :-)

However, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say, but at my age, I'm becoming much more interested in people on the inside, than the outside. I have a couple of female friends, both of whom are criminally hot. But, I know them as people not just hot objects. they are both really good friends, because they are really great people. Sure, being hot isn't a negative, but it's not a big positive either, in my world.

TriDork

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
tridork wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
tridork wrote:
Ok, I'll start.

However, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say, but at my age, I'm becoming much more interested in people on the inside, than the outside. I have a couple of female friends, both of whom are criminally hot. But, I know them as people not just hot objects. they are both really good friends, because they are really great people. Sure, being hot isn't a negative, but it's not a big positive either, in my world.

Sorry but i just have NOT reached that age yet. This is not to say that i don't place great value on a girl being interesting b/c i do, but also i'd like her to be very attractive, in a wholesome, All-American kind of way, e.g. i'm not interested in someone who goes around throwing her cleavage around all the time. Certainly, i will notice said cleavage but, on the whole, that mode of display is just a bit much. If i were a woman, i don't think i'd go around hanging it all out on display:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to meet Jackmott, TomA, rruff, SkippyKitten, RChung, and ericmulk (sp?)... probably DesertDude and Jim@ERO as well plus Carl at Trek. I feel like I owe Carl lunch or something haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

However, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say, but at my age, I'm becoming much more interested in people on the inside, than the outside. I have a couple of female friends, both of whom are criminally hot. But, I know them as people not just hot objects. they are both really good friends, because they are really great people. Sure, being hot isn't a negative, but it's not a big positive either, in my world.[/quote]

Sorry but i just have NOT reached that age yet. This is not to say that i don't place great value on a girl being interesting b/c i do, but also i'd like her to be very attractive, in a wholesome, All-American kind of way, e.g. i'm not interested in someone who goes around throwing her cleavage around all the time. Certainly, i will notice said cleavage but, on the whole, that mode of display is just a bit much. If i were a woman, i don't think i'd go around hanging it all out on display:)[/quote]

Hey, I notice hotties too, I'm not dead yet afterall.

Back in the day when I was teaching skiing, I had my fair share of 'bits of fluff' as I used to call them. I was a pig at the trough of woman-ness so to speak. Then I met my wife. She too was one of my ski students, but not a bit of fluff. From the first time I met her I realized she was different. She was wife material. I knew she would be my life partner. I knew my life would be better with her than with any of the bits of fluff. Maybe I'm a bit smarter than average, because I made this realization when I was just 19, and asked her to marry me on my 20th birthday. She said yes. We recently passed 34 years married. For sure it hasn't been perfect, but almost all of it has been good or better. For all her good qualities, my wife has never been called a hottie. But then again, except in my own alleged mind, neither have I :-)

I checked out tigerchiks pics and yes she's nice (too young for me to perv at), but it's the interest generated by her posts that puts her on my list of ST people I'd like to meet.

TriDork

Last edited by: tridork: Sep 1, 15 20:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
However, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say, but at my age, I'm becoming much more interested in people on the inside, than the outside.

I don't know, once you cut open a couple people, they all kinda look the same inside.
Quote Reply
Re: who would you most like to meet? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
tridork wrote:
However, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say, but at my age, I'm becoming much more interested in people on the inside, than the outside.

I don't know, once you cut open a couple people, they all kinda look the same inside.

that's dark!

(I like it!)

TriDork

Quote Reply
Re: who would you most like to meet? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I'd like to meet Jackmott, TomA, rruff, SkippyKitten, RChung, and ericmulk (sp?)... probably DesertDude and Jim@ERO as well plus Carl at Trek. I feel like I owe Carl lunch or something haha.

Thanks GP, I feel honored:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
I think Paulo would actually be at the top of it. I am 98% sure he has a PhD in fluid mechanics so we could talk academia and tri.

You can be 100% sure.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
I'm flattered!

I have met (sorry if I'm forgetting anyone) - desert dude, Mr. Bubbles, 115intheshade, mcaizzo (sp.), trukweaz, HalfSpeed, trexlera, trigirlpink, slayerhatebreed, dddave, kdw, Murphy'sLaw, SwordFish, tri_yoda, and a guy whose ST handle I'm forgetting, but his real name is Colin and his tag line is "let C be a group". Also, there was a ST'er who waved to me on the Mooseman 70.3 run course the year it was super hot whose name I'm forgetting right now.

My list - there are so many cool people here I want to meet - Paulo, jimruns, AndyPants, jonnyo, markyv, JasoninHalifax, jan de visser (who changed his name to something else), Francois, rappstar, monty ... the list goes on and on.

eta - I have met more ST'ers than I realize...

Yay! I made TC's list!

We should organize an ST swimmers' meetup at a good meet somewhere. I was thinking of doing US Nationals at some point, probably not next year, but maybe the year after that (2017)?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply