Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Muskoka 2016 (140.6) [trimuskoka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimuskoka wrote:

Who is going to be a Tough Twoonie this year at our Subaru Ironman Muskoka and Ironman 70.3 Muskoka events. Registration opens today for both events as a bundle for one week only for one combined special price. Share this on your wall to make a statement, and to see who wants to join you in your Tough Twoonie journey.

Challenge yourself, challenge your friends. Come to Muskoka to take the challenge. Muskoka is natrually tough, naturally beautiful...do what comes naturally.

Registration at www.ironmanmuskoka.com opens today at noon.

Just to put this in perspective the bundle package at $895 CDN is around $100 CDN cheaper than a single continental US IM!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Muskoka 2016 (140.6) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there,
I didn't do the math, but Dev is right, it is still cheaper than a single IM in the US.
I don't set the prices, nor do I participate in any refunds/exchanges. I merely represent a local volunteer not for profit group that is uber passionate about triathlons in our area, and want nothing more than people like all of you to come and experience the challenge and beauty of what I am so fortunate to experience every day and call home.
Rich

Jon Morton
President, Triathlon Muskoka (TriMuskoka)
http://www.trimuskoka.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Muskoka 2016 (140.6) [trimuskoka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone that did Muskoka last year also done IMLOU, IMMOO or IMCHOO? If so, can you please compare the bike and run course? I've looked at the profiles but prefer firsthand insight if there is any. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Muskoka 2016 (140.6) [sharpe26iu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Has anyone that did Muskoka last year also done IMLOU, IMMOO or IMCHOO? If so, can you please compare the bike and run course? I've looked at the profiles but prefer firsthand insight if there is any. Thanks! "

I also would like to know. Anybody?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Muskoka 2016 (140.6) [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done Louisville and Madison. My subjective experience was the muskoka bike was a bit harder than each of these, and the muskoka run was much harder than Madison, and much much harder than Louisville. That said, I really enjoyed muskoka and will be back next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Muskoka 2016 (140.6) [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I misread the bike elevation chart. Louisville was about 5500 and Muskoka was about half that. Louisville in measured in ft. and Muskoka meters, Yikes!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Muskoka 2016 (140.6) [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Muskoka bike has the second most vertical on the IM circuit at 2252m (Lanzarote has 2500m) and from what I can see, it has the most vertical on the run at 608 m (1995 feet). The other tough runs would be Lake Placid and maybe CDA.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Muskoka 2016 (140.6) [Deak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, after trial and errors I have have determined that I am a sub par biker and IM Muskoka will not work for me. Maybe I will try the half.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Muskoka 2016 (140.6) [Deak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deak wrote:
I think the Muskoka bike has the second most vertical on the IM circuit at 2252m (Lanzarote has 2500m) and from what I can see, it has the most vertical on the run at 608 m (1995 feet). The other tough runs would be Lake Placid and maybe CDA.

IM Wales according to my Garmin file is 2508M gain. And a 16% climb done twice. It's hard more because no climbing is long. All short and punchy. I highly recommend!

Race file here ( hope it works?) http://tpks.ws/vqaE

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Muskoka 2016 (140.6) [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
Deak wrote:

IM Wales according to my Garmin file is 2508M gain. And a 16% climb done twice. It's hard more because no climbing is long. All short and punchy. I highly recommend!

Race file here ( hope it works?) http://tpks.ws/vqaE

Whales looks Killer for sure, I would love to do that race one day. I have Muskoka at about 1900m, If subjective opinions matter I would say 5-10 minutes easier than Whistler…on a good day. Still an awesome race though.

Maurice
Quote Reply

Prev Next