Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Herbert, any frame differences in caliente, and seduza
Quote | Reply
Hey Herbert, this may have been covered before. But are there any differences in the frames in the lucero, the caliente and the new seduza. They look so similar, so I was wondering.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply
Re: Herbert, any frame differences in caliente, and seduza [berndog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would also love to hear about these as I am looking at those frames.
Quote Reply
Re: Herbert, any frame differences in caliente, and seduza [berndog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Seduza and Caliente are the same frame with different build kits. The Lucero is a different frame. The core weave is the same on the bikes and the external weave is different. Does this have an effect on the ride? We have not received any Seduza/ Caliente so I can't speak from experience - hopefully Herbert can answer that.

All the frames are the same geometry and available sizes. Pick your colors and your build kit and then pick your bike.

BTW- The Guru Crono is the sickest of carbon bikes on the market - best frame, build kit, price points. You can even have it "built" cyldesdale for the larger folk and change the headtube size so you don't have a Cervelo amount of spacers on the steerer tube.

John Teeters
866-508-4676
john@triumph-multisport.com
http://www.triumph-multisport.com

Quote Reply
Re: Herbert, any frame differences in caliente, and seduza [triumph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey!! Nothing wrong with spacers..... ;-)

Quote | Reply
No difference in frame between Seduza and Caliente other than paint, but the difference to the Lucero is indeed a completely different finish plus one additional size.
Lucero is available in size XS, S 650c and size S, M, L 700c, while Seduza and Caliente are available only in XS 650, plus S, M and L in 700c.
Spec is really where all 3 bikes are different. Lucero is available as frame set only or a variety of parts, while Seduza and Caliente are only available as complete bikes. Caliente has the FSA carbon cranks, Real Design 60 Supersonic wheels and the matching carbon 12k finished seatpost, while Seduza has FSA aluminum cranks, Alex wheels and an aluminum aero post.
Hope this makes sense.
Cheers,
Herbert
QR/Litespeed
Quote Reply
Re: Herbert, any frame differences in caliente, and seduza [triumph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The core weave is the same on the bikes and the external weave is different.
What does this mean?
Quote Reply
Re: Herbert, any frame differences in caliente, and seduza [cray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply][reply]
The core weave is the same on the bikes and the external weave is different. [/reply]
What does this mean?[/reply]

Basically the frames are created in the same mold and the structure is thus the same. But the finish on the Lucero is a 3K weave, while the finish on the Seduza and the Caliente is a 12K unidirectional layup plus paint.
3K (3,000 strands per) is the most common narrower carbon weave look while 12K (12,000 strands per) UDI is fatter and is slowly gaining popularity as it is less expensive.

Hope this finds you well.
Herbert
QR/Litespeed
Quote Reply
Re: Herbert, any frame differences in caliente, and seduza [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3k and 12k strands per what? I imagine the 3k is lighter. But does that mean the 12k is stronger/stiffer? What is the real tradeoff between the two?

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: Herbert, any frame differences in caliente, and seduza [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
3k and 12k strands per what? I imagine the 3k is lighter. But does that mean the 12k is stronger/stiffer? What is the real tradeoff between the two?

It means 3k and 12k strands per band of carbon. It is kind of the look like the difference between a sweater knitted with really thick yarn versus a sweater knitted with really thin yarn. But unlike in sweaters where one might actually be warmer, on these carbon finishes there is no tradeoff between the two. It is more so about the look you prefer.

I posted the same toptube areas of the Lucero and the Caliente for comparison below. And if you look closely you can see that the 3K is actually a weave, while the 12K actually is only a layup and does not go "under and over."

Hope this finds you well.

Herbert

Quintana Roo / Litespeed

Last edited by: Herbert: Oct 10, 05 12:32
Quote Reply
Re: Herbert, any frame differences in caliente, and seduza [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the enlightenment. But now this beckons the question, why is 12k cheaper? Is it kinda like getting the generic milk instead of the branded milk at the grocery store? Both came from the same cow, one is just in a different package, thus people are willing to pay more?

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the pix Herbert! Can't wait to see it in person!

Cam
Quote Reply
Re: Herbert, any frame differences in caliente, and seduza [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12K is less expensive as it is less difficult to create that finish versus the 3K finish.

Cheers,
Herbert
Quintana Roo/Litespeed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for all the sweet info. I knew you would come through in spades.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply