Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen 2016 date??? [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Accuweather is forecasting 66 and partly cloudy for race day....we can only hope.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 date??? [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is it the 50 day forcast?

All I know e forcast calls for PAIN!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 date??? [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright Miami is out of the way. Going for one last flat run around Miami Beach this morning, then it's time to hit the hills and get ready for AZ

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 date??? [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CBJFan wrote:
Accuweather is forecasting 66 and partly cloudy for race day....we can only hope.

keep dreaming!

it will be 20F with snow on the sides or 95F wicked humid... I think mother nature honors zofingen with the shittiest and most unpredictable weather possible!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One month to go. It doesn't look good for me to get a ride around the course this year. I just got over 30 stitches taken out of my hand.

New Felt IA16 should be fast whatever wheels I use. I want to try Hed3/Renn575 combo, but I think i should go with the same Zipp 404 aluminums that I've used before.

200 grams difference; what do you think?

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 date??? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope you heal up quickly, I rode a few loops up there yesterday, the Minnewaska descent was paved -super smooth. More than a bit sore this morning, but smiling. I like aluminium on that course, will be going with Hed Jets myself.
Last edited by: SlowAmericano: Apr 15, 16 6:21
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 date??? [SlowAmericano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yippee about smooth roads. I'll be up there tomorrow to crank out some IRL climbing after having otherwise only been on a trainer.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whichever you'll think less about. Your hand may be enough of a distraction. Did you plan on having the surgery this close to the race or was it a necessity? Heal up and good luck with that.

Planning on making the most of the next 30 days; Hilly half marathon on Sunday and Battenkill preview ride next Saturday.

It's on! At least for the the 50-54 geezers woman enough to take on the CWD ;)

No ML sightings yet. Perhaps he's boycotting the ST design changes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd still optimize for aerodynamics if you're looking to optimise for time.

That said, I'm planning on riding my road bike this year. Last year I rode a TT bike with aggressive gearing and it shredded my legs (mostly the gearing choice) and after d. I'm going just to have fun this time out so want to ride the roadie and tear up the downhill sections.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 date??? [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My god. The CM2 web site. So bad.

Is the AZ ITT now a thing of the past? I can't even tell from the web site if it's happening this year (it was canceled last year iirc).

sink. bike. waddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should have had the surgery this winter, but it wasn't bothering me then. Of course it started bothering me again in March. Surgery was 4/08, right after South Beach Triathlon. I think I will be all healed for AZ. I'll just have to wear bike gloves for some extra padding

For the first time ever, I have a compact crank on the new bike. With a 28 on the rear these climbs should feel like mole hills even with the H3/disc combo. I just don't think I'll get in a pre-ride this year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dado0583 wrote:

That said, I'm planning on riding my road bike this year. Last year I rode a TT bike with aggressive gearing and it shredded my legs (mostly the gearing choice) and after d. I'm going just to have fun this time out so want to ride the roadie and tear up the downhill sections.

I don't understand why you think a road bike will be faster on the downhills. Aero everything on the front down hill = 55+mph. Same gearing on either bike to get up the climbs.
TT bike is the right choice for this race.

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 date??? [globecanvas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, the CM2 site hasn't been updated in 2 years. ITT hasn't existed since 2013.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
dado0583 wrote:

I don't understand why you think a road bike will be faster on the downhills. Aero everything on the front down hill = 55+mph. Same gearing on either bike to get up the climbs.
TT bike is the right choice for this race.

I don't think it'll be faster, I think it would be more fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it last year with road bike + all the aero gear I could use... I left time on the course but I felt more in control during the downhills and the switch backs; not everybody has ML skills u know ha!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm with you. Well, truth be told, I retired my '06 Cervelo Dual back in 2010. It's been relegated to the trainer since.

Riding my Tarmac is just more fun. I put on a mid-compact a few weeks ago in the hopes that getting up to Mohonk is just a little bit easier.

I've hit 50+ on the downhill and don't see that changing.
Last edited by: stillrollin: Apr 15, 16 11:12
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 date??? [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
I did it last year with road bike + all the aero gear I could use... I left time on the course but I felt more in control during the downhills and the switch backs; not everybody has ML skills u know ha!

I was on the TT bike and definitely crapped myself staying in the aerobars going down the first curvy downhill of the lap. The rest of it is mostly fairly straight downhills if I remember so probably much faster on the TT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I went thru the same the year before; def faster but i didn't like the "ohhh shit" feeling on my tri-bike lol

If I ever do it again i would prob go road bike with bars on.

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 date??? [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And this is why I'm driving 3 h out of my way - to get more comfortable on a hilly course on my new TT bike. Surely it'll be less scary on 700's than on my tiny cervelo with 650's. I distinctly recall that feeling of Oh F - I don't want to be in aero any more but I dare not move, on that large descent last year.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2016 date??? [Bubblehead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can find it by searching Active.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW the bike lap course record on Strava was smashed yesterday on a road bike.

sink. bike. waddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know anything about Strava, but I don't doubt that a good enough rider would be faster no matter what he rode. I also don't doubt that if he was riding solo, he would be faster on a TT bike. There's just too much of the course where the TT bike would be faster. Like I said, I don't know anything about Strava, how do you know what he was riding?

What have we got, 27 days to go?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
how do you know what he was riding?

Because he's my buddy and I asked him. It was a solo ride. And he'll be competing (as he always does).

sink. bike. waddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to him. Do you have a link?

Why didn't he use a TT bike? What bike for the race?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.strava.com/activities/548633136

sink. bike. waddle.
Quote Reply

Prev Next