Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Frankfurt is streaming live [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
Francois wrote:
Not sure about Van Lierde, but Kienle raced hard also because he's racing at home. For many Germans, these races are just as important as Kona.

I was curious how important this race is to the Germans and other Europeans. I'm guessing that Kona is still Number 1 but winning European Championship in your home country has to rank a very close second.

You are right, this race and Roth are pretty much second to Kona
I do notice very few tier one pros doing Roth this year!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt is streaming live [LJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter Reid won IM Canada and then IM Kona the same year at least once! Z
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt is streaming live [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i raced imc 2001 when he won and then dnf kona and never did imc after

no question it can be done it is just more risky to be on peak form
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt is streaming live [jakob1989] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When he passed me he was flying then blasted the next uphill. It was impressive to watch live. The bike was brutal for temps. The road temp made riding a bike like riding in a blast furnace.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt is streaming live [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
You are right, this race and Roth are pretty much second to Kona
I do notice very few tier one pros doing Roth this year!
Very good point. Difficult for Roth if the pros and the media are going away from their flagship race. They will still have a huge number of AG who want to do this unique race (I will be there Sunday), but it may impact their sponsorship deals

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt is streaming live [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at one point he was running fast and the commentators said his heart rate was 135.... does anyone know if its possible to run 6 min miles on 135? on a hot day not downhill that is
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt is streaming live [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's bizarre how Frodeno can go so well, given how much universal sufferage there was last Sunday; well at least by the AGers. I passed David Dellow sat-up on the bike around km150, clearly he'd had enough. They had a full-on field hospital with three marquees at the finish, and the ambulance sirens went-on through the evening taking people off to hospital. Despite the best part of 30 mins lying in the shade with a bout of hyponatremia, I managed to turn a near-DNF into a finish, although I walked most of second half of the run due to bloating, nausea and stomach cramps - at least the dizziness went away after I laid down for a while.

They have over 1000 finisher shirts going spare for 2015....

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt is streaming live [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly the race has claimed a victim; a 40 year-old Australian who died in hospital today, in what looks like haemorrhage caused by extreme Hyponatremia.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is sad. I squeaked in at 14:46. I knew it would get easier as it got cooler if I could just stay hydrated. I used all but one of my salt pills and I almost dug a dehydration hole I couldn't get out of on the bike. Rough day.

Does anyone know the DNF, DNS rate?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I as German don't read about anyone dying...the german newspaper Frankfurter neue Presse wrote that he still lives but doctors think he could die soon due to the brain damage. 6 hours ago, when the article was released he was still alive. There are no official news about him dying so far.

Source http://www.fnp.de/...erben;art675,1483204

Just wanted to mention this...

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt is streaming live [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:

Does anyone know the DNF, DNS rate?

Found the answer to my question 34.5%

http://www.coachcox.co.uk/...esults-and-analysis/
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt is streaming live [kennick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, Herbert has reported that he has now died too. Is this an error?

Unfortunately, there are also reports on a UK Forum that a Briton has befallen the same fate; however there is nothing in the German press to that effect.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Post deleted by piertown [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read the same a few minutes ago in a german newspaper article
So seems to be confirmed by german officials

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply

Prev Next