Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

city of San Diego: looking for long run routes compatible with stroller
Quote | Reply
I moved to Mission Hills recently. Balboa Park is a mile away but I have been unimpressed with the running there so far. The trails are good, but I am looking for long stretches of pavement where I can take the running stroller for long runs (8-16 miles). Trails aren't an option with the stroller. I made it to the ocean today but it took 2+ miles of crappy urban running each way.

In order to run on pavement for long stretches in a peaceful setting, do I have any options other than driving to the start/end of the run?

yes, I have tried perusing Strava without much success.

thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: city of San Diego: looking for long run routes compatible with stroller [solitude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drive to Mission Beach and run the length of the boardwalk that goes from Pacific Beach all the way through Mission Beach and beyond. All paved and more than enough mileage. Running on the beach also never gets boring. I actually just ran that multiple times last week. Try it.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: city of San Diego: looking for long run routes compatible with stroller [solitude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sidewalk downtown on the waterfront will take you past the airport to Point Loma. From there all the way to the submarine base. You can take a couple of detours and run harbor and shelter islands. Easy route on a wide sidewalk with just one road crossing.

Simplify, Train, Live
Quote Reply
Re: city of San Diego: looking for long run routes compatible with stroller [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
san diego river bike trails
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mission Bay and PB trail/boardwalk. 15+ miles easily if you want. Did it many many times. Park near the playground by Fiesta Island.

Quote | Reply
thanks for replies. Had success with PB/mission Bay/etc. Will try the other recommendations next weekend.
Quote Reply