Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After tiring of buying, killing them with sweat, returning, getting replacement, killing them, giving up, trying another brand(s), rinse repeat, I'm now using V-Moda crossfade over the ear headphones.

Only about a month in but so far so good. They are built to some military durability spec but a only labeled as "moisture" resistant, though the manual makes reference to "vigorous" activities. So I'm using them as much as possible withing the 60 day money back period.

They sound absolutely fantastic as they should given the price- $300.

The only con so far is the fit with the standard ear pads. They are way too small. My ears are actually on the small side the the standard pads don't really fit. I ordered the XL pads (which are more like the standard size for Bose over the ear headphones). Hopefully it solves my only issue so far.

So if anyone is looking for a great sounding BT set backed by a very good warranty, check out the V-moda Crossfade.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [kini62] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kini62 wrote:
After tiring of buying, killing them with sweat, returning, getting replacement, killing them, giving up, trying another brand(s), rinse repeat, I'm now using V-Moda crossfade over the ear headphones.

Only about a month in but so far so good. They are built to some military durability spec but a only labeled as "moisture" resistant, though the manual makes reference to "vigorous" activities. So I'm using them as much as possible withing the 60 day money back period.

The only con so far is the fit with the standard ear pads. They are way too small. My ears are actually on the small side the the standard pads don't really fit. I ordered the XL pads (which are more like the standard size for Bose over the ear headphones). Hopefully it solves my only issue so far.

So if anyone is looking for a great sounding BT set backed by a very good warranty, check out the V-moda Crossfade.

I'm sure they sound great, but can't imagine running with those. I see people with the beats at the gym, just seems odd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw somebody here in Aus the other day running around a sportsfield when the temp was 39C with a massive set of over the ear headphones. Can't for the life of me understand how that could possibly be comfortable.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VGT wrote:
kini62 wrote:

I'm sure they sound great, but can't imagine running with those. I see people with the beats at the gym, just seems odd.

I don't run with them outdoors. On the rare occasion I run I'm on my treadmill. I mainly use them on the bike/trainer. Surprisingly they stay on and hardly move when using my C2. I've had in ear BT phones that would not stay in while rowing.

I would never wear them out and about though. I just go without or go "old style" and use a cheap pair of wired in ear phones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of Bluetooth sweat proof earbuds from Amazon for 30.00. I've had them over a year and they've never messed up. If they do I'll toss them and buy a new pair. Looks like they're down to 20.00 now. http://www.amazon.com/...1C609JT8GSW9NKYNRFZ0
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [sub-3-dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update on my last post.

They are now dead!

Out of guarantee.
I won't be buying them again.

sub-3-dad wrote:
I've had mine for over a year and only use them occasional.
I use it on the treadmill, trainer or Concept2 rower - indoor use only.

During the past few weeks I noticed that after training they switch on and off repeatedly and auto dial the last call on my phone.
It behaves like the center button is stuck. Once they discharge the problem goes away until my next training session.

#######
My Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X1 I guess? They would probably upgrade for X2 for free if you claim them.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [ironmanjp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmanjp wrote:
I wish I was able to wear mine out... I have a different problem with them, bought them a month ago and can't even get them to stay in my ears! Apparently I have really small ear-holes lol.

Me too. Tried all the different size little rubber pieces that are supposed to lock them in. Good until I start sweating and then they seem to slide right out.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [cjo529] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had better luck replacing the earbud tips with http://www.amazon.com/...ywords=comply+sx-500 or http://www.amazon.com/...s%2Ck%3Acomply+t-500. The sport ones last longer and the isolation ones are more comfortable. Both stay put much better than the stock ones.
Last edited by: willembad: Jan 20, 16 17:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sub-3-dad wrote:
Update on my last post.

They are now dead!

Out of guarantee.
I won't be buying them again.

sub-3-dad wrote:
I've had mine for over a year and only use them occasional.
I use it on the treadmill, trainer or Concept2 rower - indoor use only.

During the past few weeks I noticed that after training they switch on and off repeatedly and auto dial the last call on my phone.
It behaves like the center button is stuck. Once they discharge the problem goes away until my next training session.

Curious what they said about it being out of guarantee? The sweat warranty is lifetime. My last exchange was >1year old. It's a pain having to go through the hassle, but it's usually a one-week turnaround and last time they upgraded me to X2 for free. Try again and tell them that the problems start 20-30 minutes into exercise, so you think it's moisture related.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [zambony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had the x2 and they died as well. I am probably on my 4th or 5th pair in 2 years. My latest pair are X1, they have been fine so far. The last customer service rep suggested that a heavy sweater should open the charging tab and let the headphones dry out before charging. Letting them dry out is a bit of a PIA, but it is working and I otherwise love the jaybirds.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've come to realize that all BT sport earbuds are pretty much disposable. I think too much sweat gets in all of the nooks and crannies. The Jaybird Bluebuds have lasted the longest of all the ones I've used and currently still using them. I usually get about 6 months from each pair of BT earbuds.

I did get in on the Kickstarter campaign for Revols sport BT earbuds, moldable ear piece. Looks promising.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [Rebcos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rebcos wrote:
I bought a pair of Bluetooth sweat proof earbuds from Amazon for 30.00. I've had them over a year and they've never messed up. If they do I'll toss them and buy a new pair. Looks like they're down to 20.00 now. http://www.amazon.com/...1C609JT8GSW9NKYNRFZ0

Kind of looks like some that I had. It's hard to tell. All the cheap ones sold on Amazon and ebay are likely made in the same Chinese factory with a few different molds or models. Probably all the same internals as all the ones I've had sounded the same.

The ones that last me the longest were also the cheapest. I paid $13 for them on sale. They lasted about 4 months. The battery only lasted about 2 hours so I had to charge them every use.

I've sent back my V-modas, couldn't get a comfortable fit which for a $300 set is unacceptable.

I'm going to be trying the Monster iSport on the ear model. Supposedly they are sweat/water resistant enough that they can be rinsed off. I guess I'll see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My battery will last for well over 10 hours. I know I've run in them 10-15 times without charging them.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [Rebcos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
update

I liked the X2, they died yesterday after a year or so. I contacted customer support and they are sending me a replacement set TODAY.

Good thing, they no longer ask to return the bad units. Since I am in Canada, that was +- 15$ to ship back. Now you have to take a picture with the case ID with hearphone in good condition, then cut them in 2 and take another picture.

I am pleased with product quality and customer service. I am an extreme sweater, so I don't expect them to live forever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
update

they just died again. No longer warranty apparently.

sweat-proof my ass
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My X2 recently died after about a year and a half.
After a very easy and quick communication with Jaybird they sent me a new set of Freedom headphones.
So far so good with them. Comfy and light.
Considering I had no proof of purchase and only needed so supply a couple of pictures (and cut the old ones up) I'm very very impressed with their service.

Phil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jaybirds are terrible. I burned through 4 or 5 of them before they so conveniently informed that the lifetime warranty is good for the life of the battery, which is approximately 2 years.

After exchanging several emails with them back in Jan/Feb, I finally gave up and ordered these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MSZXZRF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 months strong with no signs of sweat damage and only $16.99 to boot (I paid $29.99 in Feb). Way more comfortable than the Jaybirds and the sound quality seems to be comparable.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [boyle_supremacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was about to order the headset mentioned above (I waited because they are 80$ CAD) and give another try at Jaybird. This time, they warranty my set. I should get my new set in a few days…
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My replacement pair of Bluebuds (replacement number 5) has lasted 2 years now with no problems.

I bought the Freedoms at a massive discount in the winter since I used BT headphones daily and *thought* any issues had been fixed. The Freedom microphone died within a few months and the range has gotten a little worse. The fit and sound quality have been pretty good though. I think the $30 Amazon options like the Anker Soundbuds series are the way to go now.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have been through 3 pairs this year

That said customer service promptly send out a new pair

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Nothing but problems and their service totally sucked. Another guy in my run group had nothing but problems, customer service gave him nothing but trouble too. He switched to beats. I switched to Dash the headphones. They work perfectly out of the box have had no problems with them at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Blubuds X reliability? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
Have been through 3 pairs this year

That said customer service promptly send out a new pair
I am surprise that the customer service level depend on the representative you are speaking with. And it is now obvious that the reliability is problematic, and frankly quite surprising that they did not solve this problem yet. I have been told that they were using nano coating that should be more sweat resistant, but I haven't seen a significant improvement in reliability...

I will use them until they replace my sets under warranty (and I am glad I don't have to send them back, it costed me +-18$ every time), and buy something else when they no longer replace them if reliability stays the same.
Quote Reply

Prev Next