Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRM drop outs in urban areas
Quote | Reply
I have a DA 7800 SRM with a PC7. I can ride for hours in the countryside without issue but in urban areas, and on certain streets the power and cadence "drop out" ie start to read "-" for both.
Is this something I can fix?
Is this something that can be fixed?
Is this a non-issue?
Quote Reply
Re: SRM drop outs in urban areas [ddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ddave wrote:
I have a DA 7800 SRM with a PC7. I can ride for hours in the countryside without issue but in urban areas, and on certain streets the power and cadence "drop out" ie start to read "-" for both.
Is this something I can fix?
Is this something that can be fixed?
Is this a non-issue?

Is this something I can fix? No

Is this something that can be fixed? No

Is this a non-issue? Yes

The reason both drop out together... is that the the SRM reports BOTH power and cadence to the PC7. When you lose signal from the the SRM you lose both. When the signal comes back... you get both back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have the latest firmware? AFAIR there have been some enhancements in that area.
Quote Reply
Re: SRM drop outs in urban areas [MrSkinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrSkinny wrote:
Do you have the latest firmware? AFAIR there have been some enhancements in that area.

For PC7 or the powermeter itself?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cacophony of radio signals all around is drowning out the receiver. Think of it as trying to see a candle light amongst 1000 search lights. Incredibly that's a good analogy to what radio receivers are built to do, but they can get overwhelmed by strong signals on an occasion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PC7: "The new firmware improves the ability of the PowerControl7 to receive sensor data."
Hmm, it seems this is from 2014-02-17.
Quote Reply