Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The 2015 Weapon of Choice: FALCO V Stealth Bomber
Quote | Reply

Build Notes:
Frame- 2015 Falco V w/ USAF Stealth Bomber Custom Paint
BB- Ceramic Speed Prototype BB86 to BB30
Gruppo- Ultegra Electronic 11spd Shifters, Front Derailleur, Seat Tube Battery, Junction Box, and 10spd Rear Derailleur w/ Cearmic Speed Pulleys
Brakes- TRP Front Brake and TriRig OmegaX Rear
Powermeter-SRAM ELSA Quarq 172.5mm
Bike Computer- GarminEdge 510
RaceWheels- HED JET Disc / JET 9 w/ Continental Attack(R) & 4000SII(F) w/ Vitorria Latex Tubes & Orange Seal
Race Skewers- View Speed Skewers
Training Wheels: HED Ardennes
Saddle- ISM Adamo Attack
Cockpit- TriRig Alpha Bar
Bottle Cages- Arundel Mandible and Elite Cage (turned into flat kit, Inside is small pump, CO2 Adapter, CO2 canister, Valve Extender, quick chain master link, Shimano 5 Port junction box, View Speed tool kit)
Pedals- Shimano Ultegra
Shoes- Specialized S-Works Road Shoes

Link to Complete Build w/ Video and more Photos (did this because it is pain to upload photos here): http://www.bw-tri.com/...-choice-falco-v.html

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: The 2015 Weapon of Choice: FALCO V Stealth Bomber [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike, Bruce Wayne.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes great bike. Seriously long extensions but I guess it works for you :) I was curious as to why you have a 22mm tire on the back wheel and what I'm assuming a 23mm Conti 4000s in the front? Is the disc wider than the front wheel?
Quote Reply
Re: The 2015 Weapon of Choice: FALCO V Stealth Bomber [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Disc is narrower, I ended up running a GP 4000 SII this weekend at Galveston due to the bead blowing out on the rear Attack. It was an older attack tire that I raced on all last season, but didn't see any problems with it till 930pm night before the race, there was a bulge in the side wall.

Disc is narrower, it is a traditional HED JET Disc.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also running a TriRig Alpha on my Falco V. Do you feel that the bars are sufficiently gripped by the Falco stem? I tightened mine up to the printed torques and used some assembly paste, but it slips when I hit one of the many potholes in my area.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2015 Weapon of Choice: FALCO V Stealth Bomber [JulesRapanga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I initially had problems, but put some carbon paste on there and tightened the bolts down with my "calibrated elbow" and haven't had problems since.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Re: The 2015 Weapon of Choice: FALCO V Stealth Bomber [JulesRapanga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any experience with your specific setup, but I eliminated a long time slipping problem by completely disassembling, cleaning thoroughly with alcohol solvent (which doesn't leave any residue) and then coating all mating surfaces with a carbon assembly paste and then tightening to spec. I think the cleaning is what made a difference from my previous attempts.
Quote Reply