Can I have a BTA bottle in a TT?
Quote Reply
Re: Time trial rules [SlammedStance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're at all serious about competing in a sport, it's worth reading the rules at least once. Not to memorize them, but to be aware of what's in them and know how to find them.

The answer to your question depends on what organization's rules cover the event you're doing.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Time trial rules [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finding rules for this is amazingly difficult
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SlammedStance wrote:
Finding rules for this is amazingly difficult
You've looked at the rules of the governing body?

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UCI, no.

http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/Rulesandregulation/16/51/61/Clarificationguideofrules2012-ENG_English.PDF

"Article 1.3.024 bis has come into effect on 1 January 2013. Since that date, bottles are only allowed to be positioned on the down tube and seat tube. It is possible to use a bottle of each of these tubes, but the bottle cannot be positioned at the same time to the two tubes. Locating bottles behind the saddle, on the stem, or in any other position is then prohibited. Furthermore, it is not allowed to integrate bottles with frames, meaning that there must be a space between the bottle and the tube to which it is attached. Similarly to the rule on the wheel fairing, it should be possible to pass a rigid card (like a credit card) between the bottle and the tube to which it is attached."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
depends on the governing body as others said. I do a bunch here in denver and its loose- lots of Shivs and other bikes that are not UCI legal competing. personally I dont use a BTA since my race are not long enough but could probably do it if I wanted to. to be safe, reach out to the RD and ask what rules they are following.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SlammedStance [ In reply to ]
Re: Time trial rules [Ex-Rower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you find these rules? Maybe I am searching wrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SlammedStance wrote:

uci timetrial rules

2nd link looks good
Quote Reply
Re: Time trial rules [copperman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
copperman wrote:
SlammedStance wrote:

uci timetrial rules

2nd link looks good

That looks like about what I searched for. The document I linked is a clarification document. The other thing to search for is UCI technical regulation.
Quote Reply