Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Swim workout in Cambridge, MA [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's the attitude I experienced with Cambridge Masters. I'm not complaining, it was just that at the 5:30am practices, people wanted to get in, swim fast, and then get to work - a lot of smart people!

Was Abe Roger's coaching? former ITU racer who did great at St Croix for several years.; great guy and better friend.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Swim workout in Cambridge, MA [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, ouch, I'm embassessed by my Boston Brethren. I have lived in and around Boston since beginning of highschool, and the level of attitude definitely is related to where you find yourself in the state. While the facilities are great, you were at the Harvard pool, where it would be likely that most are connected to Harvard and it takes a few times in the pool with them before you get the warmer invite. I swim at the YMCAs for just that reason: the masters swimmers are inviting and sociable, but maybe not doing 100s on 1:05. There is a great triathlete lead swim at Hanscom air base pool, so the next time your in town let us know and we will show you what Boston hospitality is all about. Just take a ride to concord center and the town of Harvard beyond and you will find a friendly, vibrant triathlete and cycling community where you wave and nod at each other as you pass. My apologies for the introduction.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim workout in Cambridge, MA [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our 5:30 swim group was like that first thing in the morning. After the warm-up we usually opened up, and then at the end of the workout (7:00 AM) we all were quite chipper. But that first 700 yards was like my normal cup of coffee: necessary for friendly conversation.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Swim workout in Cambridge, MA [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just saw that Dan went on a Friday evening. They had actually canceled those swims for a while due to poor attendance. The 5:30am swims are where it's at at Cambridge Masters in terms of quality of workouts and the folks who show up.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Swim workout in Cambridge, MA [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
abe was not coaching. abe is an extremely congenial guy. great guy. the fellow who was coaching was great. james. certainly the friendliest of the lot.

and i have nothing but gratitude that i even found that workout and was able to join it. it was just that thing i wish i could do more often but, alas, up on the middle of nowhere most of my swimming is just me and the clock. and that's also fine, most of the time. if i swam with a group like this several times a week i'd have nothing in the tank for bike and run.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next