Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rotor has just launched a new power meter [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Economist wrote:
7401southwick wrote:
Didn't Bernanke just give us a good lesson in Keynesian Economics ?

Keynesian economics as most people know it doesn't exist anymore. The model is currently evolving to accommodate the failures of the model during the recession. It's now referred to as the new Keynesian model.economics understand there is no one model that fixes everything and anything.

Economics is not science since it cannot predict anything.
It is Monday morning quarterbacking with fancy graphs.

Such a cute response. Very very immature and naive response, yet typical of those who have an elementary understanding of economics. You are also generalizing the entire field of economics which displays one dimensional mindset. But I'm not going to debate the validity of economics with you. Go ahead and trash my career. Fluff your little peacock feathers. Whatever helps you feel good about yourself. :)

Last edited by: Economist: Apr 18, 15 11:35
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor has just launched a new power meter [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, erm, power meters

Yeah

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor has just launched a new power meter [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Economist wrote:
I just treat all the PM's as prefect substitutes which would cause Andrew to cringe. :)

*shudder*

Sorry Jack I should have included you. LOL. My students have no idea what a Watt is so it's safe to assume they are the same. Probably could treat it as monopolistic.

I also use bike selection as an example of the marginal consumer. I pull-up the website of either Felt or Specialized (usually Spesh since they have them all on one page). I'll ask why there are 5-6 different Shiv models. The look on their face when they see bikes over $10,000 is rather funny.

Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
Halvard wrote:
Economist wrote:
7401southwick wrote:

Keynesian economics as most people know it doesn't exist anymore. The model is currently evolving to accommodate the failures of the model during the recession. It's now referred to as the new Keynesian model.economics understand there is no one model that fixes everything and anything.

Such a cute response. Very very immature and naive response, yet typical of those who have an elementary understanding of economics. You are also generalizing the entire field of economics which displays one dimensional mindset. But I'm not going to debate the validity of economics with you. Go ahead and trash my career. Fluff your little peacock feathers. Whatever helps you feel good about yourself. :)

Personal attack instead of discuss the issue. Yes you must be an economist. I guess you proved my point that economy is like political science, both feet in policy/politics. No scientific method.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor has just launched a new power meter [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Economist wrote:
Halvard wrote:
Economist wrote:
7401southwick wrote:

Personal attack instead of discuss the issue. Yes you must be an economist. I guess you proved my point that economy is like political science, both feet in policy/politics. No scientific method.

You took my comment as a personal attack? LOL. Let's look at your original comment. The comment had NO relevance to do with the small side discussion going on. Regardless, you had some need to post an inflammatory comment. Why did you decide to post that comment? What emotional need did it satisfy within you? This is why I said 'fluff your peacock feathers'. It's clear there was some pressing emotional need for you to make that comment. I took a guess at it being ego. You NEEDED to make your opinion known regardless if that opinion is relevant or not. Maybe there is something missing in your life that made you feel the need to post an inflammatory comment. Even if you don't feel it was inflammatory, the comment still had no relevance to the conversation. Thus there was emotional need that need to be filled. What was it? Are you strong enough to disclose that emotional need?

The rest of your response doesn't make much sense. It's like you're trying to connect dots on two different pages. You give me grief for not 'discussing' the issue, yet you are the one with the original comment. LOL. You make some inflammatory comment and I'm the one you expect to discuss it? Really? Discuss what? The fact you're still generalizing the entire field of economics into one category. You are making endless assumptions: all economics is used to predict things, the economy is static, etc. etc. Besides, there can be no discussion when one is using emotion rather than critical thought.

Edit:
Nevermind everything. This is getting too far from the original intent of the thread. Economics is not a science. We play with fancy graphs. Pat yourself on the back. You win I lose. Game over. LOL

Last edited by: Economist: Apr 18, 15 15:38
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor has just launched a new power meter [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well this was a power meter thread, haha, but now it is my second love, economics. I think why a lot of people have a hard time grasping or having faith economic concepts is because they were taught Keynesian economics, assuming they took a class. The rest were spoonfed that garbage since WWI.

Like you said, nobody is teaching that anymore, and that is a good thing. I have found the schools that put more emphasis on micro-economic transactions to build a macroeconomic model are actually pretty good at predicting behavior. And economics isn't about numbers, it is a bout predicting behavior, especially how that behavior relates to incentive. This is why a macroeconomic focus is doomed to be inaccurate. I have used economic fundamentals in my job an internal auditor, fraud investigator and controller. As a manager of risk, determining customer and market behavior or preventing fraud having a good understanding of microeconomic transactions has been a very good tool.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor has just launched a new power meter [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think current prices are too low to support the number of powermeters on the market now. Who will go the way of the Ergomo?

My PM deathwatch list:

Polar pedal
Garmin Vector
Stages
Rotor
Quarq
PT hub
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor has just launched a new power meter [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SRM not on your list?........really????
Quote Reply