Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

First full IM, tri suit or two piece?
Quote | Reply
Other then the suit taking longer in the bathroom, would it be significantly more comfortable then a two piece? I am willing to sacrifice a few seconds for comfort. Also, what brand do you recommend?

As a side note, have done about 5 HIM's with Desoto two piece and it was okay in terms of comfort. Looking to see if there is room for improvement.
Quote Reply
Re: First full IM, tri suit or two piece? [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have found the one piece to be much more comfortable, contrary to many here. The basic reason is when one gets aero, the midsection tends to get larger, and a 2 piece with a drawstring gets very restrictive. I wonder how many athletes blamed their nutrition when it was restriction of the stomach/digestive tract. The claim of taking longer of you need to go are largely overstated, and actually, if you have to sit to go during a race, then you've definitely screwed up your nutrition. I am a BIG fan of Kiwami, which besides being the most comfortable and technical garments available, offer amazing customer service, and even customization of as low as 1 suit. Try them, and you'll have one less thing to worry about.
Last edited by: ggeiger: Mar 31, 15 5:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suppose it comes down to personal preference. I wore a 2 piece for the first time in my first IM in December and found it really comfortable. I don't like the feeling of the tightness on the stoma ch area you get from the 1 piece, especially when running and especially when it's stinking hot.
Quote Reply
Re: First full IM, tri suit or two piece? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for the price, why not find a one piece you like & give it a 'tri' in training.
personally i use both, full suit for short non wet suit stuff & 2 piece for long distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can't reproduced the classic exposed midriff look which Jan Frodeno is expertly bringing back into the mainstream, with a 1 piece. That's why I rock a 2 piece.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
Other then the suit taking longer in the bathroom, would it be significantly more comfortable then a two piece?

In my experience, it takes about the same time to pee on myself in a one piece as it does in a two piece.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used both. 2 piece in 2012 for my first IM and I still have a tramp stamp tan line from my lower back being exposed during the ride! I'm sure there are 2 pieces that can cover it but I liked the one piece more last year. Less adjusting and more comfortable. I did like the one piece when it got hot and I could pull top up and show my abs! Or even if it was cold...gotta give the ladies a show (pink)

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless you plan on trying a one piece out stick with the two piece. I prefer a 1 piece but it is all personal preference.
Quote Reply
Re: First full IM, tri suit or two piece? [PUTU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my half distance I did a 1 piece for the swim and then bike, but when I got to the run (I knew I was not in contention for anything but personal pride) I went with traditional running shorts and shirt. In all the half distance ones I do, I wear the 1 piece throughout the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 IMs in Desoto tri-suit. Use ones prior to forza and forza.

The one piece during the bike(no tramp stamp sunburn) and during the run(no waist compression -- gi distress) is invaluable.

I usually only hit the head once during a full(mile 1 of the run) so bathroom inconvenience is not really a problem.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did all of last season in a desoto 1 piece (2 70.3 and 1 full) This year, I am trying the Castelli 2 piece that clips in the back, to make a sorta 1 piece, figured it is worth a try, and that should alleviate the sun burn factor

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: First full IM, tri suit or two piece? [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mother nature would reward me with a code brown if I ever wore a one piece. That's just how things go for me.