Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yvonne Van Vlerken wins challenge Batemans Bay by 4s from Liz Blatchford
Quote | Reply

They were running together the whole way, wish I'd been at the finish line.

https://twitter.com/...s/582033665032519680
Quote Reply
Re: Yvonne Van Vlerken wins challenge Batemans Bay by 4s from Liz Blatchford [davros] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And just think, YVV was not wearing sleeves!!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Yvonne Van Vlerken wins challenge Batemans Bay by 4s from Liz Blatchford [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:

With 4 seconds the margin, even the smallest thing might have changed the result.
Quote Reply
Re: Yvonne Van Vlerken wins challenge Batemans Bay by 4s from Liz Blatchford [davros] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surprising. I'd have thought Liz would have a better sprint (based on her ITU backgroud) than YVV. Great to see both of them racing well.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Yvonne Van Vlerken wins challenge Batemans Bay by 4s from Liz Blatchford [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like sleeves suck for sprinting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Yvonne Van Vlerken wins challenge Batemans Bay by 4s from Liz Blatchford [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
japarker24 wrote:

And to think she just won a sprint finish for 2nd at a full Ironman the week before?

I just can't believe anyone would want to do a half iron race just one week after a full iron. I understand she is a pro but still, 6 or 7 days is just not enough time to recover from a 9 hr effort:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Yvonne Van Vlerken wins challenge Batemans Bay by 4s from Liz Blatchford [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
japarker24 wrote:

And to think she just won a sprint finish for 2nd at a full Ironman the week before?

I just can't believe anyone would want to do a half iron race just one week after a full iron. I understand she is a pro but still, 6 or 7 days is just not enough time to recover from a 9 hr effort:)

There is no way she is recovered, especially because she looked pretty spent after Melbourne. I have done it but do not recommend it.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Yvonne Van Vlerken wins challenge Batemans Bay by 4s from Liz Blatchford [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
japarker24 wrote:

There is no way she is recovered, especially because she looked pretty spent after Melbourne. I have done it but do not recommend it.

Well, I'm glad to hear you say that you don't recommend it. I've always taken an extremely easy week after a half iron and 4 weeks easy after my 2 full iron races. Most of my races are oly and sprint so i can recover in a week's time and race the next weekend if i want to, although even that begins to wear me down, i.e. too many races of any length in one season makes it hard to get the adrenaline system going:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply