Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 Oceanside Running Shoe Analysis [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

if the clifton's soft durometer bothers people i doubt those people would like the bondi much better. they would want the conquest.

but this is why i think hoka is the triathlete's shoe. the typical elite runner might be 130lb at an average. typical long distance triathlete? more like 160lb. the guys i'm talking about. and that's the typical elite, not AG, triathlete.

this person will want the softer shoe, i think, as long as it's light, because leg soreness becomes such a pace inhibitor later in the run.

I don't think the soft durometer on the Clifton is bothering people. I think it bothers me to see the less than 10% of those runners simply falling off the platform. I suggest the Bondi because they like the soft feel and need the wider base of support. As you have said your flat foot trains in the Bondi which mean's it supports your foot. So as long as the foot tracks through the center for toe off it can be as soft as you want.
I agree with Hoka being the triathletes shoe because of the size of the triathlete. It's also why I chuckled a bit when the lead group of American runners going for the USA Championship at the LA Marathon passed by me. They are all sub 2:20 runners and all 130lbs or less. Most were in bacon strips (racing flats) but then there were the guys wearing the Hoka singlet all running in the Huaka. I was not at the finish so I have no idea how they did and I'm here to say shoe choice had nothing to do with how they did. It just looks a bit out of place and I think Hoka loves that and they should.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Oceanside Running Shoe Analysis [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting both Adidas and Skechers both didn't have more presence. I know a bunch of triathletes using Skechers with great success - Especially the new models for this year. They have really focused on the tri market.

Re: 70.3 Oceanside Running Shoe Analysis [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave I appreciate the information and I like your website. I've been surprised that there are no mentions on ST of the new Under Armour Speedform Gemini, and now just as surprised that it seems no-one ran in a pair at Oceanside.

Given Slowtwitchers' and Triathletes' propensity to try new and innovative kit early, and the former's tendency to be extremely vocal about what does and doesn't work, I'm even more surprised. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Oceanside Running Shoe Analysis [tribern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not to surprised than UA is not in the mix just yet. They have one shoe and it's good, not great. The team in place there is very capable of making great and that will come in the future.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Oceanside Running Shoe Analysis [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next