Prev Next
Re: Best ventilated aero road helmet? [corneliused] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the evade and couldn't be more happy aero tests really well too
Quote Reply
Re: Best ventilated aero road helmet? [PUTU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PUTU wrote:
Has anyone done wind tunnel test of the LG Course vs Evade? As mentioned everyone is different but there can be some patterns of what works for most people.

Yes the course "in general" tests pretty close to the evade. The evade does better in more head positions. The course works partly on shape and partly on having huge vents to push air through rather than around the helmet. When you look straight down it doesn't do very well. The evade works more on shape and less on ventilation.

If you want a helmet that is probably the most vented I've ever ridden in, in almost 30 years go with the course. That it is fast is a very very nice bonus.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Best ventilated aero road helmet? [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone tried the bell star? Bell's helmet shape is the only one that fits my oddly shaped noggin... and I want an aero helmet to go with my aero road bike...
Quote Reply
Re: Best ventilated aero road helmet? [rainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rainmaker wrote:
anyone tried the bell star? Bell's helmet shape is the only one that fits my oddly shaped noggin... and I want an aero helmet to go with my aero road bike...

I don't know of any tests on it except for manufacturer claims. It is pretty new to the market.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Best ventilated aero road helmet? [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
Correct.

The air attack was a bit of a fail really

I am not sure of that, it was an improvement over conventional helemets and has opened up this whole new design path for helmets. And Giro has sold a ton of them. It was definitely a first step and not a final design.
Quote Reply
Re: Best ventilated aero road helmet? [PUTU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I recall correctly, this data is from a heads down position: http://www.aeroweenie.com/...ero-road-helmets.jpg where the Evade and Attack are faster than the Course.
Now, to OP, the best ventilated aero helmet is probably, as many have said, the LG Course (I might have read/seen some data somewhere where the Course performance is quite similar in a look ahead position, and faster than the AA).

I'm also on the market for an aero road helmet for training and racing, but I spend most o the time in TT with my head down, Giro says that the Synthe is also fast in this position but I think there's no reliable data yet, the evade should be better but I'm not sure if I'm fond of it's looks :)
Quote Reply
Re: Best ventilated aero road helmet? [zaugfear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zaugfear wrote:
evade

/thread

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Re: Best ventilated aero road helmet? [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good point, aero position would matter in testing.
Quote Reply
Re: Best ventilated aero road helmet? [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd also think aero position is important for road racing.

I'm thinking....who really cares what sort of helmet you have when sitting in the draft? All the dirty air must cause all kinds of aero issues to try to compare helmets. If out front in the drops attacking then it really matters. But head position there should be very low.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply

Prev Next