Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your Felt IA build! [gregarious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a close up picture of the aero bar set up? Thx!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pre-Race Ready

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is the di2 junction box? in the head tube? The "food" storage on the top tube?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your Felt IA build! [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well the IA1 fell victim to a pastry delivery van, so a fractured radius, scaphoid and separated shoulder later the IA1 frame is no where to be found. The guys at Triathlon Lab Redondo Beach recommended the IA FRD but I couldn't stand all the red. In comes Seth Bishop, painter extraordinaire in San Diego.

The combo of a Jim Manton fit, plus the Cobb JOF/ CeeGees and new addition Zipp ski bends make this the most comfortable tri bike I have ever ridden.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your Felt IA build! [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to figure out what to do with this to make it look really badass. I'm planning to get a set of 60/90 Flo wheels. I haven't decided whether the black lettering on the wheels would look better, or the white. I like what some folks are doing with the bar tape to add color. What would you guys do with this paint scheme to really make it look sweet?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your Felt IA build! [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
Pre-Race Ready

Nice set up! I just picked up one of the last IAs and I LOVE this bike so far (bike techs issues with setup and derailur aside)!!! What is that hydration reservoir that you are using?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your Felt IA build! [rodikman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the compliments, she's a thing of beauty and rides like a champ. I have used a few hydration options now for my short course racing. In this photo it is the

TorHans VR Series that I was using. It was the universal one (not Felt Specific one). I found it ok to use but the form factor caused me some issues (small hands) while in race. I then decided I'd switch it out to the Elite Crono Carbon CX and I've been much happier with that setup. Torhans make some great products but with my small hands I was worried I'd drop the bottle so it just wasn't for me. The Crono is a more traditional shape which made it better suited for my style of racing.

Hope that helps.

------
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your Felt IA build! [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
Thanks for the compliments, she's a thing of beauty and rides like a champ. I have used a few hydration options now for my short course racing. In this photo it is the

TorHans VR Series that I was using. It was the universal one (not Felt Specific one). I found it ok to use but the form factor caused me some issues (small hands) while in race. I then decided I'd switch it out to the Elite Crono Carbon CX and I've been much happier with that setup. Torhans make some great products but with my small hands I was worried I'd drop the bottle so it just wasn't for me. The Crono is a more traditional shape which made it better suited for my style of racing.

Hope that helps.

I see! I thought it was a reservoir akin to a Speedfill. That is what I am really looking for but I can't use my old Speedfill due to the lack of bolts on the down tube. I'm trying to figure out a solution that isn't aero bar based and where I don't need to mess with individual bottles aside from reservoir refill.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your Felt IA build! [rodikman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck finding that on this bike. It's one of the main draw backs but I've heard Felt has plans of either developing them directly or allowing 3rd parties to create accessories. I've been working with a designer myself to create a full on internal bladder a la Shiv but it's proving to be quite the undertaking. IF/when I get it sorted out I will let others know how it's feasible. Otherwise you can check out the DIY that others have done over here:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...tomization_P5426788/

------
Quote Reply

Prev Next