Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Plasma 5 Bento Box for Cervelo?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of top storage unit like on the new Scott Plasma 5 (pics here http://www.slowtwitch.com/...t_Plasma_5_4450.html) that can be purchased for a new Cervelo P3 or P5 with the integrated top tube bosses? I like the idea of the hard molded rubber and no fumbling with zippers and making sure nothing falls out like you have to deal with with the xlab zipper bags.

I found this on Amazon but don't know much about it other than the 2 reviews which are mixed. also seems somewhat small.
http://www.amazon.com/...System/dp/B00EZV66R6

Anyone have any experience with this or can recommend something? The downside i suppose of this is that water/liquids can easily get in and things probably aren't as secure as a bag that zippers shut. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 Bento Box for Cervelo? [wahoowatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I can't claim to be 100% objective, we make a few direct mount packs for the P3 and P5 that work very well. If it helps, the sewing, the design and arrangement, and the quality of our zippers are different from that of all other direct mount top tube bento packs out there. No fumbling. And, no mixed reviews--see a sample of our feedback here.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Oct 7, 14 11:54
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 Bento Box for Cervelo? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg, thanks for that. Is that the 483D?

Any plans in the works for a hard storage solution?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wahoowatri wrote:
Greg, thanks for that. Is that the 483D? Any plans in the works for a hard storage solution?

Yes, that is a n.P3 with a 483D.

No plans at this time, as the drawbacks of 'hard' storage solutions are considerable. But we're open to developing better products. And if we see a better solution than the 483D, we'll get right on it. Seriously.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wahoowatri wrote:
Anyone know of top storage unit like on the new Scott Plasma 5 (pics here http://www.slowtwitch.com/...t_Plasma_5_4450.html) that can be purchased for a new Cervelo P3 or P5 with the integrated top tube bosses? I like the idea of the hard molded rubber and no fumbling with zippers and making sure nothing falls out like you have to deal with with the xlab zipper bags.

I found this on Amazon but don't know much about it other than the 2 reviews which are mixed. also seems somewhat small.
http://www.amazon.com/...System/dp/B00EZV66R6

Anyone have any experience with this or can recommend something? The downside i suppose of this is that water/liquids can easily get in and things probably aren't as secure as a bag that zippers shut. Thanks!

I have that Torhans AeroBento and it works great. I used a pair of small wirecutters to cut a few X's just like the top of the Scott and have no problem getting items in and out.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 Bento Box for Cervelo? [bostonalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the Torhans box fairly rigid? I’m looking at the top tube options for my P5. I currently have an XLab Stealth Pocket 200 on it and it's super floppy. The Darkspeedworks 483D looks similar to what I already have. The Torhans AeroBento looks to be more in inline with what I want.

When you are at a stop light does it rest against your leg when your standing? the Xlab does and gets bent to the side and I'm sort of waiting for it to rip off and I'm not really a fan of the zipper.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 Bento Box for Cervelo? [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about the specialized remora?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It can be done.
Made these before, hard sides with a rubber top & a slit to keep the stuff in.

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 Bento Box for Cervelo? [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
Is the Torhans box fairly rigid? I’m looking at the top tube options for my P5. I currently have an XLab Stealth Pocket 200 on it and it's super floppy. The Darkspeedworks 483D looks similar to what I already have. The Torhans AeroBento looks to be more in inline with what I want.

When you are at a stop light does it rest against your leg when your standing? the Xlab does and gets bent to the side and I'm sort of waiting for it to rip off and I'm not really a fan of the zipper.

The Torhans is a rigid box with a rubber soft top glued to it.

YMMV, I'm 5'7" and when I stand, I stand just behind it right in front of my saddle. I wouldn't clear standing over it. No flopping around at all.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 Bento Box for Cervelo? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not paid to say this, but I own a DarkSpeed for my new P3 and I absolutely love it. It stays put, fits a ton of nutrition, and is seamless against the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 Bento Box for Cervelo? [dcruz831] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcruz831 wrote:
I'm not paid to say this, but I own a DarkSpeed for my new P3 and I absolutely love it. It stays put, fits a ton of nutrition, and is seamless against the frame.

x2 I have the Darkspeedworks bolted to my P5 and it is super rigid and works great. Zippers are not an issue at all. I can get stuff out without looking, even in this year's Kona winds. And at times have forgotten to zip it shut and it stays mostly closed even that way. . i.e., the sides are not flopping over or out at all. Inside is a hard plastic insert that the cloth is formed around. It holds a ton . more than anything else I have seen .I can get 8 gels in it.
Last edited by: highflyer: Oct 19, 14 14:10
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 Bento Box for Cervelo? [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You made those yourself? Or can you purchase?

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you ever find a rigid bento box?

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 Bento Box for Cervelo? [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Yoe,