Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: felt IA FRD rear brake issue [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or it is just not set up the right way. I live in the netherlands famous for the rain and i have no issues with either front or rear brake

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: felt IA FRD rear brake issue [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,
I had another rear brake issue this week.
The whole roller froze up.

Felt replaced it with a new rear, with stronger Springs and a new material for the levers.

Best braking I've ever had
Quote Reply
Re: felt IA FRD rear brake issue [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This week I had to change my brake pads and thought it was a good reason to entirely clean the front/rear brakes.
The last time I cleaned them, I put some park tool ppl-1 (cable, rail,..) and I had no blocking issues but when I checked, the sand stick to the grease so I decided this time to go with some Teflon chain lub .....well since I did it the rear break is blocking almost everytime ;(.
I hesitate putting back the ppl-1 or more drastic solution but apparently nobody find the miracle one.
I also feel bad that the only spare part they are selling is http://www.felt-stuff.com/...rriage-assembly.html at $49 ;( ;(

What about a solution like this one?
- with a 2 hocks spring of that type : http://www.homedepot.com/...ng-SP-9624/100162501
- attached that way on each side : cf pic attached

That way it should stretch the breaks and be stable.
Do you think it can work? Did you already try and know the size of the spring the buy?

I also sent an email to felt hopping for some help but as I'm not the original owner of the bike I guess I should stop dream about them answering back with a perfect solution.
Quote Reply
Re: felt IA FRD rear brake issue [FlorianNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was at Oceanside the Felt rep said Felt was replacing rear IA brakes for customers with issues. Apparently there is a new brake/ housing/ cable they include with the new frames and if you have issues with the old one you should contact your LBS and they should be able to replace it.
Quote Reply
Re: felt IA FRD rear brake issue [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My felt IA is going to calfee for minor carbon repair (accident). Frazier bike said they will do a brake up grade when they put it back together again.
Quote Reply
Re: felt IA FRD rear brake issue [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have it, and is the best the braking had ever been... Love it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Florian, if you are in fact in nyc, take it to nycvelo and ask for Phil... He's dealt with the bike and brake a lot and they are a big felt dealer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot for the tip, the one in Hell's Kitchen?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
East Village
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also in NYC, will be doing the same. Thanks for the tip

Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next