Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike in a 2015 Ford Mustang?
Quote | Reply
Hi

The new Ford Mustang isn't yet available in Australia - I am wondering who has had first hand experience with this car and their bike?

Do the rear seats fold down and is it possible to get you bike in the boot (trunk?) with the rear seats down?

Or are roof racks or a bike rack on the tow bar the only viable options of taking your bike anywhere with this car?

Cheers
Quote Reply
Bike on a 2015 Ford Mustang? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Seesuckers Mini Bomber but don't buy one just yet, I need one for my VW Eos soft top (inherited).

I have seen them in the flesh in NZ and the UK and they look pretty good

Coxy
Quote Reply
Re: Bike in a 2015 Ford Mustang? [Guzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best way to carry a bike with the Gen 5 mustang was on a trunk rack--I believe 1 bike would fit in the trunk, but it was not a trivial thing to do. I think the Gen 6 will likely be the same way.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new 2015 Mustang has yet to reach dealer lots in the U.S. First deliveries will be in October.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a trunk rack on my 2011. Based on pictures (and I've seen a bunch since I'm waiting for it to come in), I'm guessing it'll work on the 2015.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike in a 2015 Ford Mustang? [tcesni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - didn't know that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would a lightweight hitch be a better solution?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2000 Mustang, I could fold down the seat and slide my bike into the trunk/rear seat area. With my tri bike it was much tighter because of the aero bars. 99% of the time I used a roof mount.

You could do what my buddy did. As he was pulling the trigger on a new Mercedes, he told the salesman that he had to be sure his bike would fit in the trunk with the seat folded down. They told him he was welcome to measure the trunk. He told them no, he had to be sure it would fit. They finally let him slide his bike in the trunk. When it did, he said he would take it.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: Bike in a 2015 Ford Mustang? [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't...looked at one of those when I had a Toyota Avalon, and the manually specifically says "don't". Not sure if it'd void the warranty or not, but why take the chance?

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else try this lately? I plan on buying a 2015 mustang and was wondering if a bike could fit in the back with the seats folded down and wheels off.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike in a 2015 Ford Mustang? [Born Aero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure how much the cargo space has changed since then, but I have a 2007 Mustang GT and with the front wheel off I have never had trouble getting my road bike into the trunk with the seats folded down. However I once tried to get my husbands tri bike in there, and because of the aero bars it was not easy (had to go in through the driver's door and into the cargo area that way as the trunk wouldn't close with aero bars facing the back).
Quote Reply
Re: Bike in a 2015 Ford Mustang? [Born Aero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can confirm that a bike does fit in the 2015 mustang. Parked next to a guy yesterday and was astonished that he could fit it in the trunk with the seats folded down.
Quote Reply