Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Correcting" Mileage Stats Before Posting Online [jajichan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jajichan wrote:
tkos wrote:
Is it that much different than people who set their computers to pause when they stop, thus making their average speed higher?

???

That's pretty much common practice. Why count time if you're not actually riding?

Right I pause/stop mine manually when I Stop, if by stop you mean get off the bike an do something. I don't need to have in my log that 20 minutes I help the gf in her community garden in the middle of my ride.

If you mean come to a stop sign or red light then no I don't pause it and didn't realize people did this.

Both strava and garmin will show you average speed based on moving and not so i don't see why you would pause it when it will automatically take that out and tell you both.
Quote Reply
Re: "Correcting" Mileage Stats Before Posting Online [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
I'm guilty of doing something similar - though I don't post my numbers online (well, I put them on trainingpeaks, but I don't post a link to that anywhere). For me I just hate having uneven numbers.

That being said, I cover the extra distance to even it out... in this case, I would have just gotten on the bike and biked the extra 1.8 miles.

Did this most recently on Saturday's ride and on any run. If I am only a few miles away from ending a ride with a 0 then I find those miles. Same with a run; if it goes from being an 8 to a 10 miler or if I'm at 11, then I might as well be at 13. Don't post the data on the Book or anywhere but it makes me feel I've done by work for the day.
Quote Reply
Re: "Correcting" Mileage Stats Before Posting Online [oakie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will if he reliance on his cadence magnet for the distance measurement.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: "Correcting" Mileage Stats Before Posting Online [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRhino wrote:
nad wrote:
TunaBoo wrote:
I would go circle the parking lot to hit 100, not sure if that is more lame or less lame ;)

x whatever we're up to now.

On more than one occasion, I have added a random out-and-back, or done some laps on the road in front of my house, or done laps around the local FD parking lot, to make sure my ride total ended up at a nice, round #.

I'm mostly over that sorta thing now, but I completely get why one would do that.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: "Correcting" Mileage Stats Before Posting Online [jajichan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jajichan wrote:
tkos wrote:
Is it that much different than people who set their computers to pause when they stop, thus making their average speed higher?

???

That's pretty much common practice. Why count time if you're not actually riding?

Okay, what I mean is that we all likely adjust the amount of time, distance, etc.. in some way. This guy just did it oddly. So what.

If this statement still confuses people I apologize for you.

Ian
Quote Reply

Prev Next