Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fire Near Tahoe [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
The issue is not at the start line I am at the finish line and I can hardly breath, air quality is really bad here....

Wow, that is a really tough call. That is mother nature. Really too bad for everyone. Same thing at IMC Penticon 2003, and they had to modify the run course to 3x8.7K loop to keep the run course away from the fires, but they pulled off the race. With a split transition it is really tough to pull that type of scenario off as a backup plan (don't even know if it would be possible). Better play it safe than have a disaster.
Quote Reply
Re: Fire Near Tahoe [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
major bummer. the situation screws everyone. hopefully the fire winds down soon
Quote Reply
Re: Fire Near Tahoe [Yeshrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The real bitch is everything the next few weeks is sold out. I Think I'd go home hammer out a 40k and find a open marathon or 1/2 to run.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Fire Near Tahoe [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race cancelled....very sad for the athletes...

Lar Dog
Quote Reply
Re: Fire Near Tahoe [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Silverman is still open I believe. It's in 2 weeks.

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman-70.3/silverman/register.aspx#axzz3DxgqEoWI

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Fire Near Tahoe [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, pretty hard on everyone. The weather temps were perfect. Saturdays weather was perfect, spent the entire day in shorts.

Even this morning the smoke was fine at Kings beach. It started to rain some. But the winds had shifted back and Squaw, Truckee
were way way too smokey to race.

WTC made the only call they could make.

Now, the question is will WTC offer a refund, as I was told to me a couple different times by staff.

I just got home and totally smell like smoke. Problem is in Auburn the smoke continues to be real bad.

So, some have signed up for 2015 already. Talking to staff, the 70.3 this year was an experiment. So I do not expect any 70.3 unless
the full does not fill up in the future.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next