Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Tubular tires and Silca Valve extender...pump them up and within a hour losing pressure?
Quote | Reply
 What could be the cause of it losing air? The tires are brand new(never used) and brand new Silca valves. I can't hear it hissing air anywhere but its loses air within a couple hours.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tubular tires and Silca Valve extender...pump them up and within a hour losing pressure? [Mrdavidalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much air loss
Quote Reply
Re: New Tubular tires and Silca Valve extender...pump them up and within a hour losing pressure? [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last night I filled it up to 115 PSI and this AM it felt like it was 50% filled. I pumped this AM to 120psi and within a hour it lost some air. I didn't measure it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tubular tires and Silca Valve extender...pump them up and within a hour losing pressure? [Mrdavidalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Latex tubes.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tubular tires and Silca Valve extender...pump them up and within a hour losing pressure? [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The other tires I installed is holding air though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then I do not know
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mrdavidalex wrote:
The other tires I installed is holding air though.

same exact model tire?

Anyway sometimes tubies have tiny holes or bad valves.
it happens

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: New Tubular tires and Silca Valve extender...pump them up and within a hour losing pressure? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same exact tire...brand new...never used. Should I request a new tire?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mrdavidalex wrote:
Same exact tire...brand new...never used. Should I request a new tire?

If you glued it on, you are schitt out of luck.

If you haven't yet glued it on, I would check and ensure all the extenders are installed properly adn that the valve core is functioning properly. take some soapy water and coat the valve and extenders in it. If you are losing air that fast, it should show signs of it.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: New Tubular tires and Silca Valve extender...pump them up and within a hour losing pressure? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup already glued...argh!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My suggestion is to get some orange seal, squirt an ounce or two in the valve, pump it up and spin it. Sounds like you have a very small slow leak. This should/will seal it and you'll be good to go.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New Tubular tires and Silca Valve extender...pump them up and within a hour losing pressure? [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a new tire and it should work without sealant. I guess I will try to get refund and try a new one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you already glued it, then you are pretty much out of luck unless the shop glued it for you and you haven't ridden it. Then you might get a new one. Good luck though.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a an older Victoria Corsa CVO CX with latex tube I use for TTs. It loses about 3 PSI per hour.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tubular tires and Silca Valve extender...pump them up and within a hour losing pressure? [tburke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I might have figure it out. The removeable valve core that I attached to the valve extender was leaking air where it threads on. I dipped into water and there was bubbles coming out. I took some plummers tape around the threaded part to seal it better. The bad thing is I took the tire off the wheel and not I have to glue it back on...arggh!
Quote Reply