Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey Race Directors - Suggestion From a Relative Newbie [dennis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dennis wrote:
Most tris with about 500 people I will place about 350 in swim top 15 bike top 20 run top 20 overall. Where would you think I should start in you system ?
In Reply To:

1st wave of a duathlon!

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Race Directors - Suggestion From a Relative Newbie [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Andy_M wrote:
DJRed wrote:
a M30-34 who can't swim.

The lone 80 year old guy, who will win his AG by default, neither needs nor wants to be in the same wave as the young aggro guys. And I love seeing our 80 year old guy... he is a stalwart in our tri community, and I don't need him getting swum over.

Great. Keep him in the race. He doesn't need to put himself into the potential AG winners wave. Let him go off in wave three. He can still win his AG. Winning an AG by default is not winning an AG and he knows that. I am trying to put a little more obvious responsibility on the swimmers to seed themselves. This 80-year-old guy with all his triathlon experience should know that he belongs in wave 3 and not wave 2.

Kinda off topic, but how is a sole age group entry that finishes the course not an AG winner? The simple fact that he or she is there racing when his or her cohort cannot even make the race makes the athlete a winner to me. Personally, I see those 80 and 90 age group competitors as the overall all winners. The race is not won in any particular race for age group competitors, it is won in the long run health and ability to keep on racing. My hero is the guy who completed the Cleremont Sprint Tri back in 2011, 93 year old and the oldest person to complete a USAT event. That is who I want to be, the guy who is finishing triathlons while others in my age group are sitting on the porch dreaming of past victories.
Quote Reply

Prev Next