Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

De Soto/ST bike kit = purple?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else gotten their kit yet? I received mine today and have to say I was a bit surprised that the blue is not very blue but almost purple! The color seems quite off from the digital proof on the classifieds. I am still keeping it since it is a nice kit but am curious to others first impressions.
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/ST bike kit = purple? [tri2112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol hoping to get mine next week. Hope it does not make me look like the purple turtle

http://RoadID.com/...te/4HC4V-TAFQ9XPJDTX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is for sure more purple than blue. Still a fine looking kit.

FYI, I am selling mine (medium/medium) if anyone is interested. It's posted in the classifieds.
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/ST bike kit = purple? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then you can race for the purple team.
Last edited by: G-man: Aug 30, 14 18:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got mine. Was expecting the ST blue, but the purple is awright.

Anyone having a sizing issue? My small ain't so small.

The Ride of Truth - OWN your ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well if anyone is disappointed in their large kit, I spaced and missed the deadline for mine, i will take it off your hands. I would actually prefer a blue with purple tones in it to just straight blue..
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/ST bike kit = purple? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is interesting is that the proof in this post def looks more blue than purple:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=5157115#5157115

maybe it is just the distortion from the light and computer screen!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The kit is definitely more purple then blue. I'm not unhappy with it, but would've preferred the blue like the pictures.

I rode 100 in it the other day and the bibs are definitely comfortable. Jersey fit could be a little more snug for me, but it's pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kind of a fade from purple to blue - lets just call it Burple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup mine is purpleish. Oh we'll... Wore it on my ride today

blog
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/ST bike kit = purple? [Spinmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes same with mine. The jersey is loose and is what they recommended. I was told the run a little small so thought I was safe.
The bibs are awesome(3rd pair).
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/ST bike kit = purple? [vguy2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must have a big ol' junk-in-the-trunk ass.
jk

My size small bibs have what feels like an XL pad. Jersey is loose big time, but wearable I think. I'm 5'8.5",142, low bf. As I say, debating selling before I actually ride in 'em.

The Ride of Truth - OWN your ride.
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/ST bike kit = purple? [Spinmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spinmeister wrote:
You must have a big ol' junk-in-the-trunk ass.
jk

My size small bibs have what feels like an XL pad. Jersey is loose big time, but wearable I think. I'm 5'8.5",142, low bf. As I say, debating selling before I actually ride in 'em.

I am right there with in regards to the size (6'3"/152lbs). Own an older large DS jersey and went with med hoping it would be similar to my castelli large. I would get a small but then it would be a belly shirt! I find that is typical sizing with American companies as they are made to fit a wider (no pun intended) audience, vice the euro brands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My jersey fits just the way I want it. Not skin tight, not too loose. Perfect length. Very comfortable in the aero position. Seems good to run in and my acute mad calf issue has put running on the backburner. Is there any difference between the new Desoto Tri jersey and this one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The color we used in the garment were the exact CMYK colors sent to us by Slowman himself. It definitely looks more blue on a lit up computer screen than what you might see on the garment, but if you shoot a photo of yourself with accurate natural light, and then look at it on you computer screen, you will see it looks more blue.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/ST bike kit = purple? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:
My jersey fits just the way I want it. Not skin tight, not too loose. Perfect length. Very comfortable in the aero position. Seems good to run in and my acute mad calf issue has put running on the backburner. Is there any difference between the new Desoto Tri jersey and this one?

I HAD a DS tri jersey but it wasn't sized right. I'm 6'1 and 195 pounds, 34 waist, with a more muscular build. I wear large in just about everything except Gore Bike Wear (XL). With DS I tried a large and it was just WAY too tight. I switched to an XL and it fit great, but then WAY too long. So long things fell out of back pocket. I no longer own this. I now wear a Zoot top in size large and it's ridiculously comfortable.

I do own the DS short-sleeve tri jersey, in size large and it's a second skin. I have to suck in just to zip up. I wore it in one race and didn't even notice it (which is good). Emilio said my jersey should stretch slightly as I wear it more. If it does, it should be perfect.

My 400-mile bibs were just as tight around the legs. I almost returned them but stuck with them. Now they are great. Don't even notice the leg tightness.

Quote | Reply
I have a large kit if you want it
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/ST bike kit = purple? [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is without a doubt a purple to slight blue fade. No monitor I have ever seen shows slowtwitch in purple. Still a sharp looking kit, just not what was expected
Quote Reply