Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Where is the most exotic / beautiful 70.3 race on the planet? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the most exotic / beautiful 70.3 race on the planet? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A small group of us did Phuket when it was still a IM branded race and it was the most exotic place I had ever been. The race venue is outstanding. The swim was neat as you start in the ocean, run up the beach and dive into a fresh water lagoon to finish the swim. The bike was the most technical course I have raced on. The hills are mountains to this flatlander. Add in the moss growing on the blacktop and a driving rain equals no traction on the road. The run was thru the resort area with a combo of concrete, blacktop and dirt surfaces. Oh, and dont mind the occasional elephant or monkey walking by.

Logistics of equipment was not too bad. Took the bikes on the plane. No worries at all.

Re: Where is the most exotic / beautiful 70.3 race on the planet? [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buffalo Springs

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the most exotic / beautiful 70.3 race on the planet? [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hawaii 70.3, awesome venue, incredible swim @ Hapuna Beach and you get to ride the Queen K....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) St Croix - amazing race & experience
2) Lanzarote - haven't done the 70.3, but have done the IM. I presume the 70.3 is similar to the IM
3) Honu if you want the luxary of staying in a US state
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mallorca.

Depending on how much travel outside the states they have, and whether or not they have been to Europe, Mallorca would be a hands down choice. Something about visiting places in Europe that have visible history from a thousand + years ago.

Visit castles, ruins, etc and get to hang out on the beach in the Mediterranean If you get an itch, take a hop flight to Ibiza and party till the sun comes up.

Yeah, Mallorca is on my list of races in the next 2 years..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.colesbay100.com/

Coles Bay, Tasmania, Australia (the island hanging off the bottom of the continent)
Half iron distance.
Crystal clear water, quiet road and beautiful beaches on the edge of a National Park.
Very safe - unless you get cleaned up by a wallaby (small kangaroo) on an early morning practice ride.

Also drop bears - but don't worry about them.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the most exotic / beautiful 70.3 race on the planet? [rralp9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most dangerous animal in the world those drop bears. Non Australians just wouldn't know the damage they can do.

Bundy anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the most exotic / beautiful 70.3 race on the planet? [rralp9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rralp9 wrote:

Coles Bay, Tasmania, Australia (the island hanging off the bottom of the continent)
Half iron distance.
Crystal clear water, quiet road and beautiful beaches on the edge of a National Park.
Very safe - unless you get cleaned up by a wallaby (small kangaroo) on an early morning practice ride.

Aussie here, never done that race, but it would be sweet. Dropbears are a b!tch in that area tho. Might make me question racing it.

Ive done Mallorca and Zell am See Kaprun (Austria). Both stunning. Mallorca you can hire a villa for a couple of weeks and a car for nothing. we stayed 4. Hire a private boat, stay in one of the nicer cycling areas. Saw wiggens and alex dowsett while out riding a couple of times and pull up next to em for a chat.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the most exotic / beautiful 70.3 race on the planet? [blazeworth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want something different I'd suggest Aulandsfjellet Extreme Triathlon.

http://www.axtri.no

It's located in the next fjord north from where the Norseman takes place. The scenery during all three disciplines is IMO better. They created the race in the most scenic place in Norway. The bike ride is insane (it's 20-25 km flat, the rest is either steep up or steep down. The running is on a foot path up a valley that is generally recognised as one of the most beautiful valleys in Norway. The start, T1 and T2 are all in the same village, whilst the finish is 20 km up the valley - with transport provided for the return.

Security is good, there's no risk of kidnappings, but it's an expensive country. People can dirt-bag the race, but if the missus is coming along then one might as well hire a car and see the fjords.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rralp9 wrote:

Half iron distance.

Had to google Drop Bears, since I lived in Australia for 7 months as a kid. Very funny :) Vicious marsupial...

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the most exotic / beautiful 70.3 race on the planet? [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Birdmantris wrote:
Muncie

This made me laugh, hard :) That would be as scenic as Syracuse :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Half iron distance.

Have to agree with Coles Bay. Come on down it's a great little race and a beautiful part of the world
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the most exotic / beautiful 70.3 race on the planet? [toolbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM 70.3 UK in the exmoor national park. Very nice setting + no mobile phone signal which means you are really getting away from everything to focus on your race.
Quote Reply

Prev Next