Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: iroman maryland [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Figure this is a long-shot: but any chance anyone is staying in Annapolis and would be willing to offer a ride to the race Saturday morning? Currently, have a room at the Sheraton and trying to leave the car with my wife to give her flexibility for the day.

-SW
http://www.joinapace.com/theapp/
Quote Reply
Re: iroman maryland [swall27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swall27 wrote:
Figure this is a long-shot: but any chance anyone is staying in Annapolis and would be willing to offer a ride to the race Saturday morning? Currently, have a room at the Sheraton and trying to leave the car with my wife to give her flexibility for the day.

Driving from DC area, so I'll be going right by Annapolis race morning but I'm a super early bird(getting to race site at 5am) though so you might have better offers. If not PM me..
Quote Reply
Re: iroman maryland [the V] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any signs of jellies?
Quote Reply
Re: iroman maryland [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we swam 30 minutes around noon yesterday. no jellyfish. water was very comfortable, but apparently still wetsuit-legal. water level is a bit higher than at Eagleman this year.

they did not have any course buoys up yesterday.

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Re: iroman maryland [georgereid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georgereid wrote:
we swam 30 minutes around noon yesterday. no jellyfish. water was very comfortable, but apparently still wetsuit-legal. water level is a bit higher than at Eagleman this year.

they did not have any course buoys up yesterday.

Nettles? All in all good news...
Quote Reply
Re: iroman maryland [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still no stinging anything - no jellyfish, no sea nettles, nada. I wore a DeSoto swim-skin and thought the water temperature was very comfortable. My wife wore a full wetsuit yesterday and was fine. Today, she wore a swimskin and was shivering after 30 minutes. One of us has too much bodyfat.

A few more people around transition today. More bike racks and fencing up.

run well, run happy
george

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Re: iroman maryland [georgereid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georgereid wrote:
Still no stinging anything - no jellyfish, no sea nettles, nada. I wore a DeSoto swim-skin and thought the water temperature was very comfortable. My wife wore a full wetsuit yesterday and was fine. Today, she wore a swimskin and was shivering after 30 minutes. One of us has too much bodyfat.

A few more people around transition today. More bike racks and fencing up.

run well, run happy
george

So I wonder if makes sense to use the SeaSafe or just go without? What are other folks planning with this latest intel? I'll probably go sans SeaSafe during my short Friday swim to help confirm but without going around the whole loop I wonder if there could still be pockets of stuff come race day.

Thanks for the info..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we have only swum along the return leg, i.e. closer to the shore. I suppose there could be stuff out further towards the channel. We did chat with the race director yesterday. He said something like: there were very few jellies this year, they came in a few weeks ago but have been gone for a while. IF I were racing, I would not bother with SeaSafe or anything. My wife, who is racing and is far more sensitive to any kind of stinging creature than anyone I know, may put some vaseline on her hands and cheeks just in case.

run well, run happy
george

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll probably use it since I have the type with sunscreen and I need that anyway.

Can't see that applying it unnecessarily could hurt (unless it burns or stings the eyes, which I'll find out Friday in my short swim).
Quote Reply
Re: iroman maryland [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any word on on-line registration for next year? I noticed they moved the date to October.
Quote Reply

Prev Next