Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Asheville Folks- NC Arboretum to Elk Mountain
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking of riding up to Mount Pisgah from the NC Arboretum, descending back to Asheville and then heading over to Elk Mountain Scenic Highway to clime and descend it (would do it tomorrow...I know, a bit last minute but I've been here since Sat and the routes are evolving constantly). My question is this: is there a good/safe way to do this? I'd likely park at the NC Arboretum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas
Quote Reply
Re: Asheville Folks- NC Arboretum to Elk Mountain [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone else may know a good route from the Arboretum to Mt Pisah, I'm not sure, but you could drive to Brevard and ride up Hwy 276 to the parkway and go east to Mt Pisgah (it's only a few miles once you get up to the parkway) and then continue to Elk Mtn/Asheville.

CJ

ETA: I was thinking of the Pisgah Inn (which you would go east on the parkway to get to)
Last edited by: cjj: Jul 30, 14 19:09
Quote Reply
Re: Asheville Folks- NC Arboretum to Elk Mountain [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless we're thinking of different Arboretums, this is as simple as it gets. When you exit the Arboretum on Olmstead Way, turn right onto the Parkway entrance before getting to 191. Go right (east on the Parkway) to Mt. Pisgah, then turn around and ride back to the other side of town to get to Elk Mountain Hwy (~ Mile Marker 375 I think). All can be done on the Parkway (except of course the Elk Mountain Hwy part)

"Some folks plan for the optimum race, others like to get upset when others out plan them. "
Quote Reply