Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Boulder 2014
Quote | Reply
Usually there are lots of threads months in advance of each Ironman race, especially inaugural events... this year only a scattered few. Something tells me that everyone at that race is going to be super fast and already knows the drill...

Anyway, my wife and I are pumped to race - anyone else??
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2014 [iheartfestina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just looking forward to volunteering and signing up for next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pumped. I know quite a few folks racing this year. The mck414 family will be working the final bike aid station.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fast dudes at IM Boulder? Honestly only picked out a few on the AG list. Im wondering if there will strong foreign ag-ers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2014 [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just because they're the strong doesn't mean they can't get their asses kicked...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to highjack the thread but does anyone have a read on water temps? It looks like its been bloody hot in Boulder over the past 10 days.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2014 [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The water temp yesterday was 76 degrees and it's supposed to be in the 90s through the weekend but cooler next week. The race director posted a video on the IM Boulder Facebook page explaining how the swim would work if it's a non-wetsuit swim but folks want to wear a wetsuit anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be out there cheering on friends!

I am pretty excited the course looks good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm excited to watch the race! Should be interesting busing everyone out to the rez on race morning though.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2014 [mndiver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am on the run SAG crew, so if you fall out during the run I will be the one to pick you up :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
Not to highjack the thread but does anyone have a read on water temps? It looks like its been bloody hot in Boulder over the past 10 days.

The forecast for next week looks really good (lows in 50s. highs in 70s), so I would expect no warmer than 76, i.e. wetsuit race...

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:

Was at the reservoir this morning and I got two reports. The front gate said it was 73, and one of the masters coaches said it was 75. I'm inclined to believe the front gate as the water felt cooler than 75, and I was comfortable (not overheating) in the wetsuit.

"Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent" - Steve Martin
http://www.trifundracing.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2014 [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with Boilerup. I think it will be right on the limit. If I had to guess it will cool off a bit. We take three readings on the the three legs of the course that AM and will have a really solid reading.

DC

DC
Dave Christen
IRONMAN Race Director and Operations Manager
dave.christen@ironman.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2014 [Bouldertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope they are "honest" readings. So many races opt to skew the temps in favor of wetsuits for what they may feel is a safety thing. Overheating with the hot temps that have been in Boulder & surrounding areas is a real concern that the race director & crew should keep in mind. I would rather see NO WETSUITS if it is REALLY legit temp wise & over the limit. It would be disappointing to see another race temp reading faked and magically *just make it* under the maximum temp. Just be honest & don't fudge it is all I'm saying to Ironman Boulder.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2014 [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally understand and agree with you. We don't fudge in Boulder. The water temp is the water temp.

DC.

DC
Dave Christen
IRONMAN Race Director and Operations Manager
dave.christen@ironman.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2014 [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
I hope they are "honest" readings. So many races opt to skew the temps in favor of wetsuits for what they may feel is a safety thing. Overheating with the hot temps that have been in Boulder & surrounding areas is a real concern that the race director & crew should keep in mind. I would rather see NO WETSUITS if it is REALLY legit temp wise & over the limit. It would be disappointing to see another race temp reading faked and magically *just make it* under the maximum temp. Just be honest & don't fudge it is all I'm saying to Ironman Boulder.

+1.

Although I suspect that many RD's believe that the safety of a wet suit trumps the safety of overheating in one when temps are fudged.
Quote Reply