Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Supplement to UCAN
Quote | Reply
I just finsihed reading the last thread about UCAN and was wondering what someone would suggest for supplemental calories (preferably something solid) when on a long ride/run that won't defeat the whole purpose of the UCAN.

Thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: Supplement to UCAN [mcedo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
salted nuts

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mix two scoops of Infinit + one packet of Ucan per 20 ounce bottle. It may defeat the stated 'slow release calories" of the Ucan product but it gives me about 400 calories per bottle.

One bottle in the 90 minutes before the swim starts. Two bottles for a HIM, four for a full IM gets me through the bike.

Since going with this for my race nutrition I have been very satisfied with my energy levels and my gut has been very happy while racing.

I see your, "preferably something solid" request but I have gone to an all liquid program that takes a lot of the complication out of race day nutrition.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before ride = Plain Oatmeal. 302 calories - 44 from fat...56g carb - 1g sugar. Nothing on the ride.

--------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: bhc: Jun 20, 14 13:11
Quote Reply
Post deleted by C Rose [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: C Rose: Jul 23, 14 19:33
Quote | Reply
Ucan will very shortly be rolling a bar with a relatively unusual profile. Fat and protein will be featured more and carbs will be lower than for most bars.

Reach out via their web site for when they will be available for sale.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm currently using Bonk Breaker Bars with UCAN for long rides. If I'm on a 100 mile ride I'll have half a bar at 2 hours and the other half at 4 hours. I also use the vanilla protein mix mixed as 2 servings per bottle. So with the bar and both bottles I end up with about 150-170 calories per hour, which has been working well for me.
Quote Reply