Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendations for bike fit in London?
Quote | Reply
Looking for recommendations for a triathlon bike fitter in London. I can easily find the likely candidates but I want to go with someone really good, rather than it just being good enough. (eg. having triathlon/TT experience, etc.)

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for bike fit in London? [lamby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anthony (Tony) Corke is back in the UK. I think that he is in London. But, I'm not sure who he's working for/with ATM. He's very knowledgeable and quite enjoyable to work with. After all was said and done, I ended up with two sets of coordinates/CAAD diagrams for two very different yet acceptable fits (generated from a fit bike session), an actual fit on my new bike, and some custom footbeds/orthotics and shims for my shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Check out these guys at bike whisperer:
Extract from Steve Hoggs website, hope you don't mind steve.

Scherrit and Corinne Knoesen operate The Bike Whisperer in London U.K. Their biz is bike fitting, coaching and mechanical work. Scherrit is the busiest bike fitter in Europe, but he still finds time to race the track. Click here to contact Scherrit.

Scherrit and Corinne have received so many plaudits that their customers have started a thread about them on the U.K’s largest cycling forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First up as you're asking on ST the obvious place to point is ten-point, who are based in Amersham and the UK's only F.I.S.T. fitter.

I will say however that I have my fit done by Richard Melik at Freespeed (www.freespeed.co.uk) in Chiswick. Fantastic service, extremely knowledgable and you leave with your bike totally dialled in c/w before and after shots and the usual Retul sheets. He's also the driving force behind Team Freespeed that put Catherine Faux in the top 10 women OA at Kona last year (smashing AG records in the process).
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for bike fit in London? [Ing.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ing. wrote:
First up as you're asking on ST the obvious place to point is ten-point, who are based in Amersham and the UK's only F.I.S.T. fitter.

I will say however that I have my fit done by Richard Melik at Freespeed (www.freespeed.co.uk) in Chiswick. Fantastic service, extremely knowledgable and you leave with your bike totally dialled in c/w before and after shots and the usual Retul sheets. He's also the driving force behind Team Freespeed that put Catherine Faux in the top 10 women OA at Kona last year (smashing AG records in the process).

I can't speak highly enough of ten-point. Brilliant service, supremely knowledgable about all things related to bike fit, all done on a dedicated fitting rig.

------------------------------------------
http://www.twhatley.com
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for bike fit in London? [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shadwell wrote:
Check out these guys at bike whisperer:

I've got a friend who went to Bike Whisperer and recommends it. He wrote this article as a result http://www.theguardian.com/.../feb/12/bike-fitting
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for bike fit in London? [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had another recommendation from a different friend who said they had great experience with Bespoke. They tried various fits and saddles as part of the TT set up which resulted in a comfy setup for long course tris.

Another friend said they didn't have good experience with Freespeed when getting set up with the Adamo saddle. He didn't say anything against Freespeed as such, just that the fit with the Adamo saddle gave him some issues
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cyclefit in covent garden are about the best in tri fits. Ask for Morgan lloyd

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
England or Ontario?

John Salt, Founder - MultiSport Canada
Canada's Largest Triathlon Series and Barrelman Niagara Falls
http://www.multisportcanada.com / http://www.niagarafallstriathlon.com
"Discipline Is What You Do When No One Is Watching You"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you all.

(London, UK)
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for bike fit in London? [Ing.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i highly recommend Ten-Point, but these are not the only F.I.S.T. fitters in the UK. still, as you are close to london, Ten-Point is the obvious choice. i also believe they just landed the UK's first Guru fit bike, so, that's an addn reason to consider these folks. they are also just good, intuitive fitters. they understand bike fit. were they in the U.S. they'd be among the best fitters here in this country.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply