Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How will all these new Ironmans affect Kona slots? [cjbruin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might want to do some learning on the definition of competition.

Yeah - a shitload of people beat me at Kona. What was your finish time?

cjbruin wrote:

Bottom line is a qualification process has been established where there are multiple opportunities to get there...competition, lottery, challenged athletes, celebrities, sponsor spots, etc. But feel free to keep tilting at those windmills.

Not for nothing but I'd be willing to bet that several lottery winners crossed the Kona finish line before you did.
Quote Reply
Re: How will all these new Ironmans affect Kona slots? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Ironman Yalta, Barcelona...more and more new Ironmans which is all nice and cool, but as I understand, the number of Kona slots is limited to 1500 or so. If you have a new IM, you need to add Kona slots, but if place is limited , you have to take slots away from some other IM race. Will soon only the winners qualify?
Any thoughts?

They will try and keep the current system and open Kona to more slots, as per Messicks interview where he said that is the goal. Then they might consider a point system which would simply reward people who do a lot of their races.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: How will all these new Ironmans affect Kona slots? [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
You might want to do some learning on the definition of competition.

Yeah - a shitload of people beat me at Kona. What was your finish time?

cjbruin wrote:

Bottom line is a qualification process has been established where there are multiple opportunities to get there...competition, lottery, challenged athletes, celebrities, sponsor spots, etc. But feel free to keep tilting at those windmills.

Not for nothing but I'd be willing to bet that several lottery winners crossed the Kona finish line before you did.

I don't have a finish time, still waiting for my lottery slot.

When I get that spot, I still won't brag about doing Kona as much as you do...
Quote Reply
Re: How will all these new Ironmans affect Kona slots? [TylerJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your thoughtful input on this topic.
Quote Reply
Re: How will all these new Ironmans affect Kona slots? [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
Thanks for your thoughtful input on this topic.

You're welcome.

Hit me up next time you want to whine about us mere mortals taking up your Kona space...
Quote Reply

Prev Next