Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Return to running
Quote | Reply
OK next weekend looks to be the last bike races of the season then it is time to get back into the pool and out for some runs. Anyone have experience taking a lot of time off from running and then return? I've been on one 30 minute run since December and had three years of running prior to that - no running before that at all. Been biking between 6 and 12 hours per week since December. Did an IM last year and was able to run 18 of the 26 till the ITBS kicked in. I've been to the PT and think the ITB issue is resolved. I'm planning on sprint/Oly's for next season so my long run only needs to get to about 1.5 hrs. I've got some ideas, but wanted to solicit some opionions.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Return to running [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"For me, the important thing was to build slowly to avoid injury."

Yeah that is key.

I was thinking two easy 30 min runs the first week then moving up to three the following week, but like the idea of only 2 miles, which starting out will probably be around 20 min.

GL in the marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: Return to running [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frequency not volume for the first couple of weeks. It will be better and you'll make faster adapttations if you run 6-10 times per week for 10-20 min then if you run 4 times for 30 min.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Return to running [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool - thanks
Quote Reply