Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone got a Canyon Speedmax [trimdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey trimdc,
I know this is a bit late, but I wondering if you could help me out with some ideas.
I'm in Sydney Aus, and I plan to do the Ironman Austria event in late June, 2015.
I'm really keen to get my hands on a Canyon CF Speedmax (unfortunately they don't sell them down here), but I'm just wondering how you ended up with the specific bits like the stem and bars considering it's an online order.
I've got plenty of friends in Germany where this box can be delivered, but if I arrange a Retul fitting a week or so before the event in Austria, and I discover things need to be swapped out, I'd like to feel confident that this is possible.

I'm sure there must be some sort of process but I can't find anything online.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks,pk
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone got a Canyon Speedmax [paulkennedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when you order and pay for the speedmax, you then get an email from canyon asking for measurements like stack, reach etc and from this they work out stem and seat post length for you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in the US so we're unable to buy them here too. I know someone at Canyon so I just sent him my Retul zin numbers and the team that builds the bikes made the recommendations. If you call or email them they will help you for sure. The company is top notch.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone got a Canyon Speedmax [stevo 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you tell me how the front deuraileur attaches? I'm sourcing parts and I'm not sure which to buy; braze on, 28 or 34 mm

thanks

andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks trimdc!
I've got Retul measurements from a previous fit, so that sounds very promising!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can also buy extra parts when ordering, like spacers etc. As you get used to your position, you might want to go lower.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone got a Canyon Speedmax [Asbjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Asbjorn,
Perhaps you could clear something else up that has me wondering.
Are all of the range of Speedmax CF also part of the Evo range?
I've read a few reviews about the Evo's and I can't tell if they're one and the same with the Speedmax range.
They don't seem to advertise the Evo range on their website if it is actually a separate range of bike?
Any advice would be appreciated!
Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Speedmax CF is the Speedmax Evo. Before that they had the Speedmax CF (alu frame), which is now named Speedmax AL.
To make things even more confusing, some people bought the old Speedmax with alu frame and sell it as a Speedmax CF.

I have just ordered a Speedmax CF, so feel free to ask anything.
Last edited by: Asbjorn: Dec 14, 14 2:52
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone got a Canyon Speedmax [Asbjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just received my Speedmax AL and am slowly piecing together the components; Williams 85 Deep Sections Tubular's, Ultregra 6700 group set, 3T Vola Bars

Its sort of a high-ish end spec done on the very very cheap - I'm about 1300 sterling in for the complete bike - which is pretty good for all new kit - bit of a pain in the ass pulling it altogether though as its currently on two continents in three countries.

Its quite exciting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey again!
After spending much of today drooling over the Speedmax Cf range, I was wondering why some images have a stem that is flat while others (including what's advertised on the Canyon web site) show the stem raised.
From what I've been able to read elsewhere online " Tri has the raised stem, TT is flat".

If I purchase one of these, it'll be the cheaper model because of my budget and also I can't justify spending top dollar on the top model with the speeds I'm doing now.

I really like the flat stem version, but I'm only really doing triathlons.
Am I going to make a dumb mistake getting the TT model simply because I much prefer that look?
Unless there's a comfort issue and the TT shouldn't be ridden Ironman distances, I can't think of why there's a difference!

Thanks for your help so far!
Paul K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I emailed them about that - they show photo's with no spacers and the stem at its lowest possible position - you'd need to cut the head tube to replicate it - assuming I've understood what you meant
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you buying the Speedmax CF or AL?

There are a TT (flat stem) and TRI (raised stem) version of the CF. To find out which model you want, use the stack/reach table provided by canyon (google it).

The AL uses a normal fork and you can cut the fork steerer as you want.

The CF TT version has a lower stack, hence if you cannot go that low, you will have to go out of the aero position. The solution would be to measure your current bike and see if the TT fits (the stack/reach table shows you how and what model you can use).
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone got a Canyon Speedmax [ilovetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are you sourcing them?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by barryismax [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Inseam 81.5
Trunk 69.0
Forearm 33.0
Arm 63.5
Thigh 60.0
Lower leg 53.5
Sternal Notch 146.0
Total body height 178.5
dear
What size should I chooseˇH
THX....
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone got a Canyon Speedmax [Taylorman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a European vacation to Koblenz Germany and bring or buy yourself a bike bag, buy one and then take it home with you. It will totally erase the value proposition but its one hell of a way to start your new love affair LOL

"We met while away on vacation. It was love at first sight!"

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone got a Canyon Speedmax [barryismax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you should choose size small. The bike is quite big in the sizes, especially if you look at "pad reach". If you want more comfort go with the tri-version, which has the higher stem.
Quote Reply

Prev Next