Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Potential Felt Warranty question [PedSwe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had mixed luck with Felt service. I have a 2012 F4 that suffered some catastrophic chain suck when it was brand new that damaged my frame, rear wheel , and rear mech. After about a month and a half the LBS and Felt agreed to replace the frame but I would have to pay for new components, which was a fair deal. Fast forward another two months and I had the same thing happen again. Took it to a new bike shop for the repairs and now have almost a year on it without any problems
Quote Reply
Re: Potential Felt Warranty question [jdwertz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$400 to strip down a tri bike, rebuild with new cables and housing, shipping and tax is reasonable.

Tri bikes take more time to get the details right!

The bike looks great.

Adam Kaplan
Cycling Analysis Professional
Get a Grip Cycles
Chicago, IL.
http://www.getagripcycles.com
Quote Reply
Re: Potential Felt Warranty question [Jim01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old post but I have had this same thing happen and I am hoping they will repair or replace the frame. I am the original owner and still had my receipt. It is a 2008 B12 but mine is a little different in that the front of the seat post holder is split. I had ordered a new seat post clamp from Felt thinking that the clamp was the front and back like they showed in the online order picture. When they only sent the back part today I did some research and found this posting. I took it to a local Felt dealer today so should here back within a few days. I just wonder why Felt didn't send out a notice to purchasers warning them about this design flaw. I assume the part picture is the redesigned 2009 part instead of the 2008 one.
Quote Reply
Re: Potential Felt Warranty question [Keystone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck! I hope they come through for you like they did me. Love my B2.

The bike place I took mine too said it wasn't the first they had seen like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Potential Felt Warranty question [Jim01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim01 wrote:

The bike place I took mine too said it wasn't the first they had seen like that.

My new frame came in this week they are just waiting on the headset before they can move the components over. They sent new frame, seat post, fork, and rear brakes. Hopefully they don't have issues moving all the 2008 components over. The new frame is white so that will be a change from the all black one. I just wonder by the B2 frame was sent instead of B12 since I am assuming they are the same frame just the name is different.

The LBS was great on pricing about $220 that includes the new shift/brake lines and tape. I have never picked up a bike frame by itself and I was surprised how light it was. It seems there are 14 lbs of components on the bike.

So thanks Felt it was great of you to do the warranty replacement. Very impressed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keystone wrote:
Jim01 wrote:

My new frame came in this week they are just waiting on the headset before they can move the components over. They sent new frame, seat post, fork, and rear brakes. Hopefully they don't have issues moving all the 2008 components over. The new frame is white so that will be a change from the all black one. I just wonder by the B2 frame was sent instead of B12 since I am assuming they are the same frame just the name is different.

The LBS was great on pricing about $220 that includes the new shift/brake lines and tape. I have never picked up a bike frame by itself and I was surprised how light it was. It seems there are 14 lbs of components on the bike.

So thanks Felt it was great of you to do the warranty replacement. Very impressed.

Sorry for the hassle and I'm pleased to hear the outcome was favorable for you and your shop took care of you on service for the replacement.
Post pix of the "new" ride.
-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Potential Felt Warranty question [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The shop finally got the bike together today. Not sure of the year of the frame but it looks nice. Just wish I could afford new tri bars :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Potential Felt Warranty question [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
Is that a 61cm frame?

58 just like my 2008. I'm 6'4" so maybe a 61 would have fit better but 58 is not uncomfortable. The seat was set way too high so I lowered it after I took the photo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed the 61cm would have been a better fit.
Felt didnt make that size in 2008.

Sounds like you've got the fit set up so it is comfortable though, that's the key point.

SD
Quote Reply

Prev Next