Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 fitted to my McLaren Venge TT set up
Quote | Reply
Finally the Di2 arrived in and is now fitted to my McLaren Venge, my only problem is that we believed you could re-programme it to operate 10 speed, seems not, works fine now I've adjusted out one gear but need to buy a new disc wheel I think....gulp!

Works a treat and is effortless which will be much appreciated when I'm buried, fitted the new VR bottle as well which looks mint.

I know there are a lot of haters out there of my conversion and some that just don't understand WHY? It just is, so if I'm happy and have a slower set up then you should be happy to.

Enjoy.

If you are sure you will fail, or convinced you will succeed, you are probably right.....
Last edited by: Crash Master: Apr 20, 13 12:19
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 fitted to my McLaren Venge TT set up [Crash Master] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great (not a fan of the bottle though)... were you riding this bike as a roadie before? Or did you have a different TT bike altogether? Would be curious to hear about how it handles.

FWIW Zipp has a program to substitute 10 speed compatible freehubs for their wheels. Not sure if that includes discs, but you may want to look into it as it will most likely save you money. Not sure about details beyond that.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 fitted to my McLaren Venge TT set up [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used it as an aero bike but didn't use it much as I have an SL4 which I always seem to reach for. Handles fine.

Can't do a hub swop I don't think, it's not new enough, think its only the new clincher disc you can do that with, not 100% though.

If you are sure you will fail, or convinced you will succeed, you are probably right.....
Last edited by: Crash Master: Apr 20, 13 12:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My OCD is stuck on the Specialized sign. Looks off a bit. Please tell me it's just the camera angle so I don't drive to where ever that shop is and fix it. Thanks.

Quote | Reply
I've seen you bike in another thread, but can't find it. Refresh me on what saddle that is.

Quote | Reply
guppie58 wrote:
I've seen you bike in another thread, but can't find it. Refresh me on what saddle that is.

Prologo Nack Zero

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why because that machine is very cool something diffrent
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 fitted to my McLaren Venge TT set up [hiway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shame I've gotta sell the barely used Super 9 disc for an identical one just to be 11spd compatible, major suck!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you gonna sell that disc here? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to sell my disc a couple weeks ago because of that. After Ebay fees it was about 55 cents on the dollar for a sub 9 less than 1 year old. Luckily my LBS gave me a very fair deal on the new one.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 fitted to my McLaren Venge TT set up [rockchalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if anyone has a conversion cassette in the works. I am running a Wheels Manufacturing 11 speed conversion for Shimano to Campy.and it works great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not getting it. You were hoping t use it with a 10 but instead are using it with 11 cassette that doesn't have one cog and you want to sell it t use an 11? If thats correct why not just keep it as is.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 fitted to my McLaren Venge TT set up [guppie58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ITs the bikes angle. The logo is fine, and the front tire is further from the wall than the rear....
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 fitted to my McLaren Venge TT set up [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My understanding is that he wanted to use it as a 10 but with the new DI2 protocol isn't getting the shifting set up right to do so (though I was sure there was a way around this), so he's going to swap the disc out and go all in for 2x11 DI2.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Proud member of the GUCrew
Twitter: @tripigeon Blog: Ironpigeon.com
Thoughts on AG sponsorships / community involvement: http://bit.ly/1dQlVDy
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 fitted to my McLaren Venge TT set up [TriPigeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but if he leaves off one cog on the 11 cassette it should work fine as a 10 speed. ( I think thats what he is currently doing). If so the penalty of seeling the current disc and buying another is going to be $500-1000. Thats a bunch just to go from 10 to 11 for TTs.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 fitted to my McLaren Venge TT set up [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aye, it sounds like that's what he's done, but from his original post, I'm wondering if that's leaving a double shift at the bottom or the top of the cassette? A dead gear as it were. OP?

If that's the case, Shimano should be able to explain a work around that doesn't involve such a janky solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Proud member of the GUCrew
Twitter: @tripigeon Blog: Ironpigeon.com
Thoughts on AG sponsorships / community involvement: http://bit.ly/1dQlVDy
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 fitted to my McLaren Venge TT set up [TriPigeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriPigeon wrote:
Aye, it sounds like that's what he's done, but from his original post, I'm wondering if that's leaving a double shift at the bottom or the top of the cassette? A dead gear as it were. OP?

If that's the case, Shimano should be able to explain a work around that doesn't involve such a janky solution.

Correct I have to double shift on the 25t but only if I try to go past it. Is there any conversions ie: 11spd campag options that will work?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can get a campy barrell then the campy 11 might work. C11 isn't the exact same spacing as shimano 11 but its not far off. I've made a lot f odd stuff work over the years, sometimes doing a slight bit of shimming or sanding of spacers to make it perfect.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm. Your post makes me wonder if my Di2 (10-speed) will mind my new disc since it has an 11-speed hub? I put in the spacers that the disc came with, but have yet to put it on to try and shift. Any thoughts there? I have the "old" Di2.

Gorgeous build, really. What a dream bike. Not hating at all, but I also am not feeling the bottle. Haven't checked the date on this thread, but my guess is that you have ditched this by now...

"What do you mean your running shoes don't match your bike?"
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 fitted to my McLaren Venge TT set up [OCD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
put the spacers on and you'll have no issues
Quote Reply