Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Brekyn Khi
Re: Project Halfway Internal Di2: Cervelo P2 [aftereffector] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have some more pictures of the build?
I recently bought a P2C frame as advised by my (potential) fitter and today he noted that he won't be able to run DI2 cables internally.
I was very upset and I am contemplating of just getting a different bike than building a P2C with DI2
Quote Reply
Re: Project Halfway Internal Di2: Cervelo P2 [timrf79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tim,

I don't have any more photos of this build, but I can ask my friend if he could snap a few shots and send them to me. What would you like to see, specifically?

Honestly, if I was going to start from scratch and wanted a Di2 TT bike, I would get a purpose-designed frame instead of dremeling and drilling a mechanical frame. There are several very good options out there that would fit whatever coordinate envelope you need.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phantastic work and thnx for sharing!

As I have a P2C and now the first DI2 parts from ebay (until now FD, RD and the shifters),
I would be very interested in:

- more detail about the dremel work you had to do (is it possible for everyone with normal skills?)
- would you make/buy something different in a second attempt?

Thnx a lot!

aftereffector wrote:
Hey Tim,

I don't have any more photos of this build, but I can ask my friend if he could snap a few shots and send them to me. What would you like to see, specifically?

Honestly, if I was going to start from scratch and wanted a Di2 TT bike, I would get a purpose-designed frame instead of dremeling and drilling a mechanical frame. There are several very good options out there that would fit whatever coordinate envelope you need.
Quote Reply
Re: Project Halfway Internal Di2: Cervelo P2 [timrf79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you seen the new P2? Fully di compatible.
Quote Reply
Re: Project Halfway Internal Di2: Cervelo P2 [Itimi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's definitely possible. I have no dremel skills whatsoever! But if I were to do it again, I would probably look for a purpose-built frame if only for warranty peace of mind. It was a fun project though!
Last edited by: aftereffector: Jul 10, 14 9:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is the A junction in this setup? I only see the B junction below the BB.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Project Halfway Internal Di2: Cervelo P2 [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's stuffed up inside one of the extensions. It fit fairly well inside there, actually, along with the rest of the cabling for the shifters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So that must have been the SM-EW67-A-E and not the newer SM-EW90 box then, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Project Halfway Internal Di2: Cervelo P2 [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that's right. The 90 wasn't available when we put this build together.
Quote Reply