Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$32k for a 20-minute Swim?
Quote | Reply
Would you accept $32,000 to go for a swim in this river?


http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/34425/title/-32K-to-Swim-in-Polluted-River/


No mention of if it's wetsuit legal, though.



Join the fight against MS!
http://off242.com/donate
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you think your chances of pricking yourself on a needle and contracting hepatitis C or HIV?
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [Nick_Barkley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick_Barkley wrote:
What do you think your chances of pricking yourself on a needle and contracting hepatitis C or HIV?

My chances? Zero, because I wouldn't swim in that filth. :)



Join the fight against MS!
http://off242.com/donate
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course I would. Sounds like fun. Not sure where I would get $32,000 from though.
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would do it if they grossed it up so I recevied a full $32K.
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A chinese entrepreneur. He's offering it to a senior government official.

__________________________

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like you could walk on it!
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
32K for a chance to walk on water. Look for the big rubber chunks -those will float for sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Powered by KiWAMi, iRun Earphones, Zensah Compression, PowerBar, Training Bible Coaching and Xterra Wetsuits.

Twitter l Blog
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [RFreds1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much would you have to be paid to swin in river 2 days after they dumped millions of gallons of raw sewage into it?

Oh... Wait, that would be the Hudson River used for the New York marathon.

Rumor has it that Mayor Bloomberg was set to cancel the swim
portion until he read on ST that everyone pees in the pool anyhow so triathletes are used to swimming in sewage.
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Negative sir. . . 32K isn't worth what may be your last swim without a mutation. But maybe you will develop some super powers. . . hmmm
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [Goobdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goobdog wrote:
How much would you have to be paid to swin in river 2 days after they dumped millions of gallons of raw sewage into it?

Oh... Wait, that would be the Hudson River used for the New York marathon.

Rumor has it that Mayor Bloomberg was set to cancel the swim
portion until he read on ST that everyone pees in the pool anyhow so triathletes are used to swimming in sewage.

When did they add a swim to the NY marathon?
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a misleading title, I though ironman was offering an executive swim camp.

Hoka One One - Field Service Rep
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [sheffelman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sheffelman wrote:
Negative sir. . . 32K isn't worth what may be your last swim without a mutation. But maybe you will develop some super powers. . . hmmm

Gills?



Join the fight against MS!
http://off242.com/donate
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [JayZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JayZ wrote:
Goobdog wrote:
How much would you have to be paid to swin in river 2 days after they dumped millions of gallons of raw sewage into it?

Oh... Wait, that would be the Hudson River used for the New York marathon.

Rumor has it that Mayor Bloomberg was set to cancel the swim
portion until he read on ST that everyone pees in the pool anyhow so triathletes are used to swimming in sewage.

When did they add a swim to the NY marathon?

lol

I would rather swim in the Hudson than the East River
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [Nick_Barkley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick_Barkley wrote:
What do you think your chances of pricking yourself on a needle and contracting hepatitis C or HIV?

Almost nil, actually. The Hep C virus can only survive about 3-4 days outside the body, and HIV less. Also, you need a pretty healthy exposure for HIV, as far as transmission goes, it's pretty far down on the list of potency.

I still wouldn't do it, though. Even almost nil isn't worth 32k.

John



Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: $32k for a 20-minute Swim? [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dseiler wrote:
Would you accept $32,000 to go for a swim in this river?



http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/34425/title/-32K-to-Swim-in-Polluted-River/


No mention of if it's wetsuit legal, though.

I would do it, in a wetsuit. Cannot possibly be worse than a 20 minute FTP test on the bike trainer.

“I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” -Jesus

Quote Reply