Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

YAW and R2C?
Quote | Reply
I saw a few posts regarding the use of the new YAW FD and the R2C shifters but no definitive answer.

I got a box full of new parts sitting here, ready to build up a new bike and wonder if anyone has actually tried this setup?
SRAM recommends using the old style shifters.
Quote Reply
Re: YAW and R2C? [Redog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there is a new r2c shifter coming out that is supposed to be yaw compatible, I saw it pop up online from one of my distributors last week. I don't think it is available just yet.
I have been using the TT900 shifters with my 2012 FD and it works great. I'm not a fan of the R2Cs, too many cases of them crapping out on people.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got Zipp R2Cs and the new YAW front on my setup. Works perfectly fine, you get a little trimming ability but nothing like you'd get with the 900.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think its fine. a little trim liek someone else commented on but I think better in general
Quote Reply
Re: YAW and R2C? [beaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SRAM showed them off in Kona today....

http://pics.lockerz.com/s/251722389

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: YAW and R2C? [beaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback.
I might try to make it work or wait for the new Shifter:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried to make it work, it didn't work too well. Maybe it was me or the Q-rings but it wasn't much of an improvement.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: YAW and R2C? [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok just send a msg to a friend at SRAM to see when the new shifters will be available.
Still waiting for the the new Zipp Vuka Clips anyways.
Quote Reply
Re: YAW and R2C? [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what's the latest update? it's been a few month now and the the Yaw shifters are still not available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
weird timing on this....
I just ordered a pair last night. I imagine your LBS will be getting them in soon.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got SRAM R2Cs (pre Red 2012) and Yaw FD on my Shiv and had no problems with it last season. Yes you have a trim position you don't need but never had any trouble shifting because of it. Levers need TLC since they tend to loosen up regularly but not too hard to tighten before rides. Would imagine that the new ones would work even better.

YMMV and good luck!

WyoJoe

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right - Henry Ford
Last edited by: WyoJoe: Jan 10, 13 8:03
Quote Reply