Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Plasma Premium VS. Felt DA3
Quote | Reply
Fellow Triathletes,

I am in the process of getting rid of one of my tri bikes. I currently have a Scott Plasma Premium and Felt DA3 with a DA1 fork. I have used the Scott for a few months and just had my Felt built up so it is brand new. The Scott is full Sram Red with Zipp Vuka R2C shifters. The Felt DA3 is full Sram Red Black, with carbon Sram shifter. The bikes seem to feel comparable. I would really love some input as to which one would be the better one to hold on to. I would love to keep both as they are awesome bikes but need to get rid of one. Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium VS. Felt DA3 [dsdixon13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, that is a tough one as you have two nicely built bikes. I am biased towards Felts in general and that is what my recommendation to you is. I like the cleaner, smoother lines on the Felt DA series over the sometime abrupt, more angular changes in shape on the Plasma (a la some of the complaints about the more recent Ordu's). The DA3 is also BB30, so you have more crank options. The Plasma does come w/ both a seat tube and down tube water bottle mount, BUT, w/ an aero superbike, you're not gonna want your bottles there anyway (horizontal or behind seat instead). I would, however, scalp those Zipp R2C's from the Plasma and put them on the DA3. I had those on my previous DA and LOVED them. If my current DA did not have Di2, I'd jump back in a heartbeat.

Most importantly, how is the fit of each? Are you dialed in to both and fit properly? I.e. do you have all your measurements matching or very close?

Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input. The Scott is a 52 and the Felt is a 54. Rode the Felt last night and could feel the difference in size. It was also not in an aggressive enough position for me and felt like a hybrid in that light haha. I have lowered the bars so they are now event with the top tube and will ride again to get an even comparison. Fit on both otherwise is identical. I have also been kind of turned off of Felt since they jerked me around so much in the warranty process of this bike. But they did get it all sorted out eventually, not soon enough though, which is why I had to purchase the Scott for Sprint National Championships.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium VS. Felt DA3 [dsdixon13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott Plasma Premium
Felt DA3
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium VS. Felt DA3 [SaTriGuy13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The felt looks better......but whats faster?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium VS. Felt DA3 [jfplumer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess that's the million $ questions. The plasma is really fast but I have not spent enough time on the Felt to have an adequate comparison yet. Plan to spend some more time on it in the coming weeks, keep post updates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kienle just won 70.3 Worlds on the Scott - nuff said!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rode both for an hour each and seems the Scott is stiffer and handles better. Will ride each a few more times then try to decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium VS. Felt DA3 [irontri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if you don't race with frame bottles, the two bosses are still nice for training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think there is a chart comparing those bikes in the tunnel somewhere on ST.
Why chose when data can do it for you.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium VS. Felt DA3 [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After you finish, can you help me decide whether to get rid of my 911 or my SL55?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium VS. Felt DA3 [Recuerda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have thought that the very best person to make a judgement call between these two fabulous bikes would be somebody who owns them both and is able to ride them both for the purposes of comparison!

I would get rid of the Felt, preferably in my direction..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Scott is faster iirc. Regardless, I don't think it's significantly faster to where it should make a difference. I would personally keep the Scott.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium VS. Felt DA3 [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Message me as I am thinking about getting rid of the Felt.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium VS. Felt DA3 [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marino V rides a Plasma also...
Last edited by: Yamahafx1: Oct 18, 12 9:57
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium VS. Felt DA3 [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Link to for sale slowtwitch post: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._string=da3;#4231684
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey man, you said on the 54 Felt you couldn't get low enough. What are your dimensions, if you don't mind my asking? I'm thinking about getting a DA and trying to pick between a 51 or 54...

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply